Complaint Review: One Stop Motors

• Updated: Tue, December 04, 2007

• Reported By:Atlanta Georgia
One Stop Motors
www.onestopmotors.com Las Vegas, Nevada United States of America

One Stop Motors This website is a scam...they are essentially stealing people's money and need to be shut down Las Vegas Nevada

This originally looked like a good deal to me but it is a scam. I was advertising my car in the newspaper and received a call from a very friendly man who was offering to advertise my car on one stop motors website. Because they will keep it on there until it sells, it seems like a financially good decision. The salesman are very persuasive and have you go to yahoo and look them up. Everything seemed normal at first so unfortunately I gave him my credit card number. Big mistake.
On a side note, as I was talking with the salesman on the phone, I told him the situation I was in...I was a 22 year old female who was about to undergo heart surgery and needed to sell my car so I could pay my bills. I told him how important it was to me that my car be sold quickly because I really needed the surgery and didnt have the money to pay my bills since I would have to take a couple months off work for the surgery and recovery. He seemed sympathetic...but still ripped me off. I mean seriously...how cold hearted is that. It has been over a year and I have yet to hear a word from these people regarding my car. I hope nobody else succumbs to their manipulation as I did.
I believe technically (legally) they are not doing anything wrong because they do have a website and all they offer to do is to advertise your car on their site. They are not legally obligated to sell it. But seeing as the transaction creates a contract and legally contracts require each actor to negotiate and complete the contract in good faith...which I believe they do not do, this doesn't seem legal to me. In reviewing their actions, this is the only thing I can think of that makes what they are doing legally wrong. If this is correct, they have breached their contract.

Atlanta, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/04/2007 12:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/One-Stop-Motors/Las-Vegas-Nevada/One-Stop-Motors-This-website-is-a-scamthey-are-essentially-stealing-peoples-money-and-288881. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on One Stop Motors