Complaint Review: One Stop Motors

• Reported By:Saint Charles Missouri
One Stop Motors
onestopmotors.com Internet U.S.A.

One Stop Motors Payoff! ripoff Nevada Internet

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Keep Fighting!

*Consumer Suggestion: Here is where you file a complaint against One Stop motors

*Consumer Comment: refund promise, Never seen!

*Consumer Suggestion: Jenny, beware of the "temporary credit" status of your "refund"

*Consumer Suggestion: Get you money back!

*Consumer Suggestion: Kathy, One Stop motors do not have a DEALER's License

Okay, so I submitted a report on One Stop Motors. I received a call from them, stating that they understood I was unhappy with them. (Understatement). After he explained some things that were "supposed" to be explained in the beginning, he asked me if I would like a check for half of my payment. I said yes. Still haven't seen the check. Still, it could have been the full $450 he said I was charged on my credit card! Funny, I sold the car, not them! It is still on their web site for sale. Please, don't use this rip off company! Yes, I have been bought! Getting 1/2 of my money back! ( Remember, I haven't recieved the check yet!).
Kind of strange, don't you think?

Kathy
Saint Charles, Missouri

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/01/2006 05:15 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/One-Stop-Motors/internet/One-Stop-Motors-Payoff-ripoff-Nevada-Internet-218564. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on One Stop Motors

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Keep Fighting!

AUTHOR: Coburg - (U.S.A.)

Keep up the fight with this sleeze group and never quit. I'm still on my case. It's just a matter of time before this gets shut down.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Here is where you file a complaint against One Stop motors

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

File a complaint against One Stop Motors for being an UNLICENSED DEALER. Under NRS, they are required to have a dealer's license to offer the services they claim to offer.
All they have is a business license to operate an ADVERTISING business, which is inadequate.

State of Nevada Department of Business and Industry is the agency responsible for enforcement.

Tel: 702-486-2750
Fax: 702-486-2758

Mailing address:

Busines & Industry Director's Office
555 E. Washington Ave; Ste:4900
Las Vegas, NV. 89101

You can also file a complaint online at the State of Nevada website:

refund promise, Never seen!

AUTHOR: Kathy - (U.S.A.)

To update you on my original complaint, I recieved a call from One Stop Motors. I was told I would get a refund of one half of my so called investment for their advertising. That was over a month ago. I have never seen a check from them! Another lie for this Company! Please, don't use them! It is a total rip off!

#4 Consumer Suggestion

Jenny, beware of the "temporary credit" status of your "refund"

Jenny,

I would close out that credit card entirely, as they may reverse that credit when OSM fights it, and they will.

You do not have a permanent refund until after OSM has responded and lost, or fails to respond which is unlikely.

The CC company can [and probably will] reverse that credit. Then your only recourse is small claims court.

Good luck.

#5 Consumer Suggestion

Get you money back!

AUTHOR: Jenny - (U.S.A.)

I paid $399 to One Stop Motors for them to sell my car but they did nothing! So I filed a claim with the credit card company and got a complete refund. I also reported the matter to the Better Business Burea in Las Vegas so that other unsuspecting customers can see what a rip-off company they are. Don't let them keep your money. Report them to the credit card company and get a refund. You don't need a whole lot of information in your initial complaint with the credit card company but I'm sure OSM will come back with pages and pages of so-called evidence that they did everything they promised, then send in your evidence.

For example, look at the feed back on the users who are trying to sell your car. They are usually rated negatively. The guy who was trying to sell my car on Yahoo! was called a "thief, liar and scammer." Also, the websites they are using pretty much suck. Low quality and low traffic. And make sure to mention their pretty much non-existent customer service. They were horrible when I tried to deal with them and it sounds like you had a similar experience. Send a copy of everything to the BBB in Las Vegas www.vegasbbb.org and hopefully this company can be stopped eventually.

#6 Consumer Suggestion

Kathy, One Stop motors do not have a DEALER's License

Kathy,

First, do a search here on Rip Off Report for One Stop Motors, commonly referred to as OSM. There is a lot of good information here.

Second, they present themselves to potential consumers as car dealers, but they are not licensed or bonded in the State of Nevada to sell cars.

They are simply running an advertising scam by harvesting phone numbers from other legitimate auto sale publications and websites.

One Stop Motors does not have any actual publication or website that anyone actually sees. They list on ebay and other auction sites, and this is all stuff you could do for yourself for much less.

File complaints with the State of Nevada on an UNLICENSED car dealer. You can get all of this contact info from the State of Nevada website.

Good luck.