Complaint Review: OneBuckResume.com

• Submitted: Sun, December 16, 2012
  • Updated: Sun, December 16, 2012

• Reported By: Luna — Aurora Colorado United States of America
OneBuckResume.com

OneBuckResume.com Identity thieves masquerading as legitimate jobs for the desperate. Internet

I was looking for jobs and Craigslist and found a job for an office administrative job. I sent in my resume and was emailed back saying that the company policy was to have the resume formatted in an "executive classic" format. Onebuckresume.com was listed as a site that had the required format for only a dollar.

I couldn't find a free template for this particular format so finally went to onebuckresume and figured $1 wasn't so bad. I input my information and was told my card was denied. I checked my bank account online because I knew I had money and wanted to see why it was declined. It showed that I had been charged and the $1 was pending. I went back to the site and tried logging in a couple of time but it wouldn't let me continue on to the resume builder.

I submitted a complaint ticket. Later I found out the job posting was a scam. That same day my card was charged a second time for $1. I filed half a dozen complaints online because the phone number reached a continuously busy line. I intended to dispute the charges with my bank since I was unable to use the service and had no recourse with the company.

Then today I logged into my account and found the same resume service had charged my account $5.88 and after looking up onebuckresume found a number of reports saying the same thing, many of them stating multiple charges over a period of time. I had to call and cancel my card.

Do not use this service. It is a scam. They are trying to take you c.c. information and they will continue charging you.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/16/2012 11:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/OneBuckResumecom/internet/OneBuckResumecom-Identity-thieves-masquerading-as-legitimate-jobs-for-the-desperate-Int-983085. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on OneBuckResume.com