Complaint Review: Onkyo USA

• Updated: Sat, August 31, 2013

• Reported By: RobLI57 — Aldie Virginia
Onkyo USA
Upper Saddle River, New Jersey USA

Onkyo USA Onkyo POOR Customer Support is exceeded only by the poor quality of their products. Upper Saddle River New Jersey

Back in June of 2010 I purchased an Onkyo HT-RC180 A/V Receiver from Amazon. This was to be the central point of my new Home Theater system. Just after its one year aniversary, this device started to have Audio issues. To be precise, HDMI problems.

I called Onkyo, and was instructed to bring it to their regional service center in Rockville, MD. This is far from me, but I brought it. They repaired it under the warranty. But within 6 months, the same issue returned.

This time I refused repair. I pushed Onkyo to replace this device with a new one. The sent me an NR TX-809.

That was about 14 months ago, and now, the same exact issue has occurred again. When I contacted Onkyo, I was told that since this was more than 2 years from the original purchase, that they wouldn't warranty this. It didnt matter that the replacement device was brand new, and only about 14 months old! REALLY??

I called the factory service in Rockville, MD that I originally got it serviced at and they want 275.00 to repair this. But I have no desire to throw more money at this knowing that the repair wont last.

This prompted me to search the Internet for HMDI issues with Onkyo products, and it seems that this is a nagging issue with their products. So, please do yourselves a favor and avoid them or you will be buying a new receiver in just a couple of years when you've exhausted your warranty. Not to mention that these systems are complicated to set up and take apart. It's nothing but a hastle.

If I lived closer to their NJ Headquarters, I would drive this unit there and prop it up against the front door because being a big heavy doorstop is all this unit is good for.

STAY AWAY FROM ONKYO!!!!! POOR Customer Service and even poorer products!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/31/2013 10:03 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Onkyo-USA/Upper-Saddle-River-New-Jersey/Onkyo-USA-Onkyo-POOR-Customer-Support-is-exceeded-only-by-the-poor-quality-of-their-produ-1080733. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Onkyo USA