• Report: #62075

• Updated: Fri, June 27, 2003

• Reported By:60961 Illinois
Online Detective And CCBill
www.onlinedetective.com Internet U.S.A.

Online Detective and CCBill ripoff - Software is useless, fradulent billing. New York New York

I am truly embarassed. I only realized today that I have been being billed 29.95/month for the last year. Due to illness and divorce things have been fragmented and this company has benefitted handsomely.

I have called their Support at 1-888-596-9279 only to told I was stupid in that I did not read the agreement carefully. When I asked why I was given an option for a 3 day sub-scription when any choice resulted in an ongoing subscription, I was told that "that is how all websites are". I should have cancelled the subscription!!.

The kicker is that the software is indeed absolutely useless and has no value. I deinstalled immediately because it was a waste.

This company is victimizing people and hiding behind the fine print. Their business model seems to be to hope that all consumers are easily deceived and if they can collect a month or two of fees they are ahead of the game. In my case they made a killing with no overhead on their part.

I am filing a report with the Illinois Attorney General's office. I encourage anyone else that has been victimized to do so as well. This company does not provide any service and is a RIP OFF!!

Debra
60961, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/27/2003 01:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Online-Detective-And-CCBill/internet/Online-Detective-and-CCBill-ripoff-Software-is-useless-fradulent-billing-New-York-New-62075. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Online Detective And CCBill