Complaint Review: Online Shopping Credit Cards

• Submitted: Thu, March 01, 2007
  • Updated: Fri, March 02, 2007

• Reported By:Kenmore New York
Online Shopping Credit Cards
3665 Eadt Bay Drive, Suite204 #24 Largo, Florida U.S.A.

Online Shopping Credit Cards credit gold card Largo, Florida

*Consumer Suggestion: Never give anyone your bank account information

I was callled and asked if I wanted to improve my credit. I gave them my checking account number. They did send me a card for online shopping. They took $200.00 out of my checking account.

I did receive the card with a $2500.00 initial credit line. They would then increase my credit line and withdraw more money from my checking account in 3 months and 6 months.I was not allowed to preview any of their stores until 2 weekd sfter they took my money.

I checked out much of the merchandise and all of their stores. It was at inflated prices and unusual brands. I called and said I wanted to cancel. They said I could cancel, but they would not return my $200.00.

I also think but am not sure that they sold my name because other credit services started taking money out of my account. Some are refunded. Some are not.

I feel very cheated and am now leary of doing any business online ever again.

Marsha
Kenmore, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/01/2007 08:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Online-Shopping-Credit-Cards/Largo-Florida-33771/Online-Shopping-Credit-Cards-credit-gold-card-Largo-Florida-237704. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Online Shopping Credit Cards

#1 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Juliet - (U.S.A.)

Online shopping isn't the problem, it's giving ANYONE access to your bank account that is the problem. As I also learned from Ripoff Reports, giving even a utility company your DEBIT card number is not a good idea, as it can be part of their "agreement" that they now have unlimited access to use your debit card number as bills come up.

With credit cards, you can pay everything but the charges you dispute. Getting a bank to put money back into your account for disputed charges is much harder.

Don't give your bank account information to anyone. Either use a credit card, or pre-paid debit cards. If you want to pay bills online, do it through a bill paying program versus providing anyone with your actual bank account information.

I have been shopping and paying bills online for 8 years and have never had a problem with losing money because, first by luck, now intentionally, I have never given anyone access to my bank account, other than the bank.

#2 Consumer Suggestion