Complaint Review: Onlingo

• Updated: Tue, March 23, 2010

• Reported By: MKHoffman — Oconomowoc Wisconsin United States of America
Onlingo

Onlingo unethical, irresponsible, unnecessary Internet

After signing up for the three CD's I returned to the website to read the "fine print".  It confirmed what I thought would be true, and that was I was about to be charged $80 (rounding up) if I kept the CD's.  The website gives you a customer service number and explains the return policy requires a return authorization (RMA).  I called the number to request the number and explained to the representative that I did not understand about the $80 charge (she was very nice and understood) when I placed the order.  However what she told me was not ethical and is not understandable at all.  She told me that I HAD TO RECIEVE THE PACKAGE FIRST BEFORE SHE COULD PROCESS THE RMA and that I had to call back.

There should be NO reason why this request for RMA can not be filled before the shipment is received as I am not inclined to pay the $80.00 for the CD set.  I understand this company's practices to be unethical as it is inhibiting me to be responsible and do the right thing (which is to return a product that I do not wish to pay for).  If this is a system error, meaning she physically can not give a number because the software doesn't allow for this, then Onlingo needs to address the inefficiencies in this process.  I will likely not even recieve my CDs for another week to ten days which only allows me 3-5 days to make the call and request the RMA.  If intentional and I am damaged in any way, these practices are in bad faith and possibly fraudulent.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/23/2010 06:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Onlingo/internet/Onlingo-unethical-irresponsible-unnecessary-Internet-584353. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Onlingo