• Report: #208223

• Submitted: Mon, August 28, 2006
  • Updated: Thu, August 16, 2007

• Reported By:BALTIMORE Maryland
Onrebate - Tiger Direct
120 East Palmetto Park Road Boca Raton, Florida U.S.A.

OnRebate - TigerDirect - Systemax poor customer Service, no response, no rebate ripoff Boca Raton Florida

*UPDATE Employee: Help with your rebate

Purchased some RAM from TigerDirect. The brand I requested was out of stock and the the CSR suggested another brand which had a rebate offer. I told him I was not a big fan of rebates in general, but he couldn't say enough good things about their rebate process. After going to the OnRebate website and entering in all my info I have to admit I was pretty impressed. I printed out their form, attached the UPC code and dutifully mailed everything to OnRebate. Again, as promised I received notification that my rebate had been accepted and that I should expect my payment in 3-5 business days. That's where the fun began.

3-5 business days came and went, so I e-mailed OnRebate for a status. No response, not even an autoreply. So I call their 800 number, and of course it's an automated robomenu, with no option to talk to a real person. So I e-mail again. No response.

So just out of curiousity I googled OnRebate and lo and behold, it's one complaint and negative experience after another. I checked with the Florida BBB, but I got a message that OnRebate's record was in the process of being "updated". It would seem the BBB can't keep up with all the complaints.

I was also surprised to find out that both TigerDirect and OnRebate are owned by the same company (Systemax). I will be filing BBB complaints against all three and I will no longer do business with TigerDirect. If I do not receive my rebate I will file a complaint with the FL Attorney General

S
BALTIMORE, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/28/2006 07:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Onrebate-Tiger-Direct/Boca-Raton-Florida-33432/OnRebate-TigerDirect-Systemax-poor-customer-Service-no-response-no-rebate-ripoff-Boc-208223. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Onrebate - Tiger Direct

Help with your rebate

AUTHOR: Alex - (U.S.A.)

Dear Customer:

We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced, and if the issue has not yet been resolved, I would be glad to assist you. To begin, please email me at alex@help.tigerdirect.com with your Tiger Direct order number in the subject line, as well as a brief summary of your rebate situation in the body of your email. If you have your rebate tracking number(s), you can include that also. Your issue will be researched, and we look forward to resolving it for you as promptly as possible.

Sincerely,