stick

• Submitted: Thu, March 30, 2006
  • Updated: Sun, April 30, 2006

• Reported By:SHAWNEE Kansas
Onrebate, TigerDirect
120 East Palmetto Park Road, 3rd Floor Boca Raton, Florida U.S.A.

Onrebate, TigerDirect ripoff, falsely saying proper invoice not included, refuse to pay rebate Boca Raton Florida

*Consumer Suggestion: File a Complaint TigerDirect's parent company Systemax, Inc

*Author of original report: I got the rebate, thanks very much Nadina!

*Author of original report: I have a copy of what i sent them including invoice

*Author of original report: I have a copy of what i sent them including invoice

*UPDATE Employee: Invoice had insufficient information

The same invoice I sent to onrebate.com was the also sent directly to Seagate for a separate rebate. Seagate validated my rebate using this invoice and is paying the $10 rebate. Onrebate denied the invoice saying not received or not valid (this information in their status is worded vaguely) and are refusing to pay the $50 rebate. This is just another case of rebate fraud,scamming...

Dawn
SHAWNEE, Kansas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/30/2006 09:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Onrebate-TigerDirect/Boca-Raton-Florida-33432/Onrebate-TigerDirect-ripoff-falsely-saying-proper-invoice-not-included-refuse-to-pay-re-184083. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Onrebate, TigerDirect

#1 Consumer Suggestion

File a Complaint TigerDirect's parent company Systemax, Inc

AUTHOR: William - (U.S.A.)

Contact TigerDirect

File a Complaint with the Florida Attorney General's Consumer Protection Office

File a Complaint with the Miami-Dade County's Consumer Services Department

File a Complaint with the Palm Beach County's Consumer Affairs Division

File a Complaint with your state's Attorney General's Office

File a dispute with your credit card company (if the purchase was made by credit card)

Typically, you have 60 days to file a dispute with your credit card company. The credit card company will then initiate a dispute between you and the merchant's bank.

If all else fails, file a dispute at your local Small Claims Court.

Ask Microsoft not to allow TigerDirect to sell Microsoft products:

Bill Benton
Sales Manager
Microsoft
Bill.Benton@microsoft.com
Fax: 425-936-7329

I got the rebate, thanks very much Nadina!

AUTHOR: Dawn - (U.S.A.)

Yes, I did get the rebate money in my PayPal account recently. However, now I am working on another rebate that has been denied and it's on an item I purchased through Tiger Direct as well. However, this is a different company involved and not onrebate this time. Fun fun fun...

I have a copy of what i sent them including invoice

AUTHOR: Dawn - (U.S.A.)

I complied with the request to get a second invoice from tigerdirect and send it to onrebate and they have now said the rebate is valid. I will wait the 6-8 weeks and update this report again once the money is in my PayPal account.

However, I have a copy right here of what I sent onrebate in the mail. It clearly shows my name, address, and the email order date.

I can't say for sure what happened to the copy I sent them. Perhaps a page got missing or something, who knows. I can't say for sure what happened to it. It's just good that it appears it will be resolved. Thank you.

I have a copy of what i sent them including invoice

Invoice had insufficient information

AUTHOR: Nadina - (U.S.A.)

Dear Dawn,

We are sorry that we provided little information about your denial.
Yes, you did provide your invoice but it did not show your name, address or purchase date. All this information is required for the rebate, especially your purchase date because the vendors request that rebates must be postmarked within the 30 days from the purchase date.

This can easily be corrected, please send an email to nadina.urdanetaATonrebate.com and I will gladly instruct you on how to resubmit.