Complaint Review: Onrebate.com - Radio Shack

• Submitted: Sat, April 15, 2006
  • Updated: Wed, April 19, 2006

• Reported By:CANTON Georgia
Onrebate.com - Radio Shack
onrebate.com Canton, Georgia U.S.A.

Onrebate.com - Radio Shack Denying Rebate-Unethical practice by Onrebate.com Internet

*Author of original report: Nadina at Onrebate.com was wonderfu, she immediately cleared my rebate, thanks to Rip-off Report

I bought some Ultra memory chips from Radio Shack. Ultra had a $ 40 rebate through Onrebate.com. When the shipment arrived, there was no invoice. I called RS and they said to send the confirmation e-mail as Invoice. I sent it and also included a copy of the paper that cme with the memory from RS.

I received a denial saying incorrect document was submitted. When I asked by e-mail, what was incorrect-everytime I got the same reply " Incorrect document submitted".

Tried to call them muliple times. After a long hold of more than 30 minutes on my last attempt- I finally got hold of someone, who parrotted "incorrect document submitted". When I asked for details, i was told she did not know any more. I asked her to let me know what I did wrong so that I can send the correct document, she said they wont allow it. Fianlly she said I did not send the invoice.

I told her that I have sent both the confirmation e-mail and the paper that came with the shipment but she said none of them were valid. When I told her that RS told me to use the e-mail she said that it was RS's fault and I should go and ask them. She then hung up.

I think this is cheating. Also, not allowing me to correct my unintentional fault is not right. I think their practice ethics is bad and the intention is to cheat the people if they can! This really needs to be looked at by a lawyer to bring a class action lawsuit against them.

Swapan
CANTON, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/15/2006 07:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Onrebatecom-Radio-Shack/Canton-Georgia-30114/Onrebatecom-Radio-Shack-Denying-Rebate-Unethical-practice-by-Onrebatecom-Internet-186837. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Onrebate.com - Radio Shack

AUTHOR: Swapan - (U.S.A.)

..Having posted my complaint, I sent an e-mail to Nadina at Onrebate.com as suggested by other members. I did not expect much other than the regular denial.I was very pleasantly surprised that she replied promptly and asked me to send an "invoice" they were missing. I submitted whatever RadioShack gave me, explained the situation to her and she immediately cleared my rebate.

I must say it was quicker and much smoother han I expected. It was not about the money, it was about the sense of getting cheated that made me upset. But I must say that Nadina exceeded my expectation level in resolving the matter to my favor.

If you have a genuine case, send her an e-mail. You will get it.

Also, thanks to Rip-off Report from where I learnd what to do.