Complaint Review: Onrebate.com

• Submitted: Wed, July 25, 2007
  • Updated: Wed, August 01, 2007

• Reported By:Saint Joseph Michigan
Onrebate.com
PO Box 440588 Miami, Florida U.S.A.

Onrebate.com Rebates over 8 months past due. Lie after lie that it will be paid rebate ripoff Miami Florida

*Author of original report: Onrebate update - rebate paid

*Author of original report: Onrebate.com CEO responds

I purchased three pieces of hardware from TigerDirect on November of 2006, I completed the rebate forms and opted for Paypal payment. This is the screen shot from their rebate status site

Status Date/Time
User applied for OnRebate 11/16/2006 10:08:01 AM
Email was sent for Confirmation 11/16/2006 10:08:01 AM
Email was confirmed by the user 11/16/2006 10:15:41 AM
Printed out the rebate registration, awaiting receipt of documentation 11/16/2006 10:15:45 AM
The Rebate was accepted 11/24/2006 3:39:45 PM

I have emailed their support@onrebate.com 6 times over the past 3 months, each time I get the rebate will be paid or the rebate is being sent to accounting for payment. No payment has been received in my paypal account or a check in the mail. My advice, stay away from Tiger Direct and their rebates, because Onrebate.com is owned by the company that owns Tiger Direct. It seems like a scam to me and due to the rebates totaling over $100, I am making sure the BBB knows as well as the postmaster for mail fraud.

Cheapbyte
Saint Joseph, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/25/2007 09:06 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Onrebatecom/Miami-Florida-33144/Onrebatecom-Rebates-over-8-months-past-due-Lie-after-lie-that-it-will-be-paid-rebate-rip-263054. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Onrebate.com

Onrebate update - rebate paid

AUTHOR: Cheapbyte - (U.S.A.)

I got a call today from Carlos who is the controller for Onrebate.com, my rebates have been paid in full. Carlos explained that the "glitch" they have had with their system was that my account was flagged as potential fraud due to the large number of rebates I have.

All my rebates are legit, I just happen to buy a lot of stuff from Tiger Direct. Carlos explained that an upgrade to the system will prevent that from happening again, let's hope so, what a hassle.

Will I buy from Tiger Direct again? sure, Just be sure to keep copies of all rebate information, dates and who you talked to, never give up on a rebate until you have been paid.

Regards,

Cheapbyte

Onrebate.com CEO responds

AUTHOR: Cheapbyte - (U.S.A.)

Friday, July 27, 2007 due to lack of response from Onrebate customer service, I decided to call their CEO directly. I called Bill Gollan and got his voice mail, I thought I would go ahead an leave a detailed message even though he would never call me back. Within 20 minutes of me leaving a message, Bill called me back and spoke with me for about 5 minutes. He admitted that they had some system issues November 2006 and have been working to clear up those claims. He also assured me that I would be paid and that his assistant would take my information and cut a check on Monday, then email me the tracking number for the UPS package. He also said that if I did have it by Wednesday, to call him back. Granted, I am surprised that Bill called me back and took 5 minutes to talk with me, but I must say that I am optimistic that I will get my $100 worth of rebates. I will post updates as I hear them.

Oedipus