restaurant

• Updated: Mon, February 17, 2014

• Reported By: Gia — Alexis North Carolina
Onstar
, Select State/Province USA

Onstar stop ongoing billing of my account after payment of one-time gift to friend. Nationwide

As a favor I picked up a person's new car from a GM dealership 12 months ago.  He was called out to work and could not get off to go himself.  The sales person (who handed me the keys) started the Onstar setup, I gave Onstar all the information for the friend that I had and told them that it was not my vehicle so everything was registered in the friend's name.  They made what was called "a one time offer at a special price" for services and phone minutes.  I accepted the deal and paid with my debit card. I told them to note that it was a gift from me.   I asked and was reassured that my account would not be charged again after that transaction.

Today I noticed on my checking account a charge from Onstar for $29.90 so I called to ask why and to get to the bottom of this.  They told me that they have always charged this account and could not stop because I requested it.  They stated that they realize that the name on the charge card and the name on the vehicle are different but that does not give the person on the charge account authority to discontinue payment.    They told me that their services are life-saving and it would be putting the other person at risk to stop his services.  I suggested they bill the person who owns the vehicle and explain his risk to him.  I again was told that they sympathize with my situation but they will continue to charge my account.

I spoke to 3 persons at Onstar asking that my account be removed from their system.  They so much as told me that I may never be relieved of this payment if it takes any effort from them.  I asked them to please check back into the setup and told them that they would hearmy voice and see that they had no right to charge my account for every month after the 3 month trial period.  I did not authorize those charges.  I immediately felt that ONSTAR is a ripoff; once they find anyone to bill they will.  Your credit card numbers are not safe to make purchases with ONSTAR.

They said they will challenge me stop payment on charges they make to my account. If this goes to the next level I will ask for all of my money back and damages.  How dare they misuse debit/credit card information and develop a policy to continually ripoff because they store your information intentionally to defraud.

Georgia

Charlotte, NC

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/17/2014 04:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Onstar/Select-StateProvince/Onstar-stop-ongoing-billing-of-my-account-after-payment-of-one-time-gift-to-friend-Natio-1124282. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Onstar