Complaint Review: Ontario Energy Saving Corp (Gas)

• Submitted: Thu, April 02, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, April 02, 2009

• Reported By:Tottenham Ontario
Ontario Energy Saving Corp (Gas)
6345 Dixie Road, Suite 200 Mississauga, Ontario Canada

Ontario Energy Saving Corp (Gas) & Bond Street Collections Inc. Ontario Energy Savings- Didnt Know I was Registered (not evident from Bill) & now Sending Me to Collection Agency Mississauga Ontario

I'm in a similar situation to Dee21 from Niagara Falls whereby our contract with OES that we were unaware of in the first place was cancelled because I signed with another company.

I moved into a home with OES. The person in this home had no idea that they were with OES as it is not clear and is not stated on the Gas Bill.

I was contacted by the gas supplier that I had about two months after I moved that I needed to pay off the contract or register with them in my new address. I had forgotten that I signed up with them years earlier and simply forgot to cancel with them 30 days in advance of moving. I told them that I had to look into it but that they could likely just switch to my new address. and I gave them the address. The account is in my husbands name. My husband was never contacted, and without his approval the energy supplier on his account was switched, putting him in default of his contract that he never knew he had in the first place. I can not see how all of this could take place without verbal or written instruction from him. Then he receives this letter from OES and then later on from Bond Street Collections that he is in default of his contract and owed $206.86 to them and if we dont pay it his credit rating will be affected and the same lines about escalated collection activity, embarassment, expenses and threats about being declined for credit or financing in the future.

I have written them, Bond & OES and told them to take it up with whoever arbitrarily switched his account without his permission. I have also told them that perhaps if they made it clear in the first place that you were in a contract with them it would have prevented this entire situation. I have also asked them to speak with me about it as it is me that suggested that my energy supplier should just be added to my new address in the first place. They have continued to harass us with phone calls and refuse to speak to me.

All I know is I will not pay for this and I am disgusted with the tactics of these companies and I hope more people write with their stories to help put an end to this. I also really dont like the tone of the letters from Bond Street and I especially hate that Mr. Armando from Bond signed his last letter by using the line, "Govern yourself accordingly,".

Debbie
Tottenham, Ontario
Canada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/02/2009 05:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ontario-Energy-Saving-Corp-Gas/Mississauga-Ontario-L5T2E6/Ontario-Energy-Saving-Corp-Gas-Bond-Street-Collections-Inc-Ontario-Energy-Savings-Di-440072. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ontario Energy Saving Corp (Gas)