driving

• Reported By: Steve — Tucson Arizona USA
Open Box
501 Prospect St Suite 102 Lakewood, New Jersey United States of America

Open Box "0pen-b0x-sales" an EBAY store Electronics Lakewood, New Jersey

I purchased a paper shredder from Open Box, an ebay store.
The shredder was a damaged store return. (I paid with PayPal, $28.49) and was told it was in good working order.
I was told: "If you can send some pictures of the defects to "ebay.ihave***@*mail.com" I should be able to get approval for a return shipping label as well. I will send this response to the case that you opened in the eBay Resolution Center as well."
But then later, they said they will not send a return shipping ticket, but they will refund the $28.49 if I ship it back with tracking.
Without the return label it means that I have to get off work early, and stand in line for a half hour, pay extra for shipping and tracking, which will cost me over $30 just to get $28.49, and that is what I call a ripoff.
So, beware of them. They are not honest. They lied by saying it was good and tested. And now they want me to pay for their mistake. I'm out $28.49 if I toss it away, or I'm out $30 if I send it back.
The picture here is of the teeth that shred the paper.
Also I see from their feedback, I'm not the only one that has been taken that same way.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/04/2012 09:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Open-Box/Lakewood-New-Jersey-08701/Open-Box-0pen-b0x-sales-an-EBAY-store-Electronics-Lakewood-New-Jersey-834064. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Open Box