Complaint Review: Open Business Directory Ltd

• Updated: Thu, March 14, 2013

• Reported By: Dwain — Corona California
Open Business Directory Ltd
225 Franklin Street 26th Floor Boston, Massachusetts United States of America

Open Business Directory Ltd Yellow-Page-USA.com, Online Yellow Pages "con artists" Boston, Massachusetts

*Consumer Comment: Happened to me also

I own and operate a small insurance in Southern California.  My secretary recieved a phone call from this company in February of 2011. The representative from Open Business Directory Ltd. DBA: Yellow-Page-USA.com asked my secretary to confirm our current address in order to update their information (that was the extent of the phone conversation). Aproximately 2 months later I recieved a bill for $1,188.00 for our annual advertising fee. I called the company to inquire about the bill. The representative from Open Business Directory Ltd told me my secretary purchased the advertisement with them. I explained; first my secretary did not purchase anything from their company and second my secretary is not an owner and not authorized to purchase anything. I asked them to send me a copy of the signed purchase agreement. They said they would send me a copy, but never did. I get a bill from this company about every 2 to 3 months. I call them every 2 to 3 months asking them to send me a copy of the purchase agreement. They always say they will and they never do. Now, two years later I am still getting bills from this company.

The Better Business Bureau has similar complaints against this company. The BBB has assigned an "F" rating, the lowest grade possible to Open Business Directory Ltd. You can read more about this company at http://www.bbb.org/boston/business-reviews/advertising-directory-and-guide/open-business-directory-ltd-in-boston-ma-123204

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/14/2013 04:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Open-Business-Directory-Ltd/Boston-Massachusetts-02110/Open-Business-Directory-Ltd-Yellow-Page-USAcom-Online-Yellow-Pages-con-artists-Boston-1034885. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Open Business Directory Ltd

Happened to me also

AUTHOR: orangehouse - ()

My issue started Jan. 30, 2013.  They are still sending invoices and the original fax I signed just to verify the company info.  Phone call from Open Business Directory did not say anything about it being a contract.  And the fax came through rather wavy.

They are now threatening a lawsuit against company.  BBB told me to not respond to this scam.  But how long does it go on?  Just sit tight?