Complaint Review: Open Office/Apache

• Submitted: Fri, April 13, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, April 13, 2012

• Reported By: ps — Princeton Texas United States of America
Open Office/Apache

Open Office/Apache Presented themselves as Microsoft IT techs and sold me Open Office and set up service for 79.99 a one time permanent lifetime charge Internet

*UPDATE Employee: This has nothing to do with Apache OpenOffice

I have been trying to locate a phone number to Open Office Apache.  All of their internet connections have no address or phone number.  If you click "contact us" it comes up as non existent.  Their IT techs charged me 79.99 to install and clean up my computer.  They sold me the Open Office representing themselves as being Microsoft Open Office.  I had accidentally deleted my Power Point and wanted it reinstalled. . . long story.  They said that they couldn't do that but they could install their new microsoft system for only 79.99 for a one time charge.  I thought I was getting Microsoft Open Office.  Instead I got Open Office Apache and no way to contact them.  This system does not communicate with the systems I work with.  It is forbidden in my school that anyone use it.

I finally found my Power Point disc and redownloaded my microsoft last night.

I want my money back.  They charged my debit card.  I will have to call the bank, because I can't find my receipt.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/13/2012 05:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Open-OfficeApache/internet/Open-OfficeApache-Presented-themselves-as-Microsoft-IT-techs-and-sold-me-Open-Office-and-867973. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Open Office/Apache

This has nothing to do with Apache OpenOffice

AUTHOR: pescetti - ()

This has nothing to do with the Apache OpenOffice project.

Apache OpenOffice is distributed for free from our official site openoffice.org and it includes no malware or hidden fees: it is produced by the Apache Software Foundation, a US 501(c)(3) charitable organization providing software products for the public good.

We receive reports like this one regularly, but Apache OpenOffice has nothing to do with them. See s.apache.org/genuine-openoffice for more details. And always download OpenOffice from the official site openoffice.org to be safe and avoid possible scams.

[ Note: I selected that I am an Employee since it was the best matching choice, but actually I am a volunteer, like all OpenOffice developers ]