Complaint Review: Open Road Acura of Wayne

• Updated: Tue, April 16, 2013

• Reported By: RohitR — Lincoln Park New Jersey
Open Road Acura of Wayne
1425 Route 23 Internet United States of America

Open Road Acura of Wayne lied about the deal. We cancelled the deal but still waiting to get $1000 deposit, Internet

- On April 01, 2013 at around 7 PM, I went to see Acura ILX. I wanted to get this car on lease.  I spent 3 hours to discuss the deal. I wanted to get 12000 miles per year. The sales person named Herin said that he would give 10000 miles per year with 2000 miles free. For three years of lease he would write down on paper that I will get 6000 miles for free of charge. I accepted his offer.

- So, the final deal was to pay $3000 down with $230 monthly payment for $12000 miles a year for three years plus one oil change service free. I wanted to put my wife's name as a owner. I told them the situation and they told me to come back along with my wife on next day (April 2) morning at 9 AM. They also stated that they will give me the same deal but I will have to fix the deal by paying deposit. I paid $1000 from my credit card right away.

- Due to having a working day for both me and my wife, we wanted to have the paperwork done as soon as possible. I asked them if all paperwork can be done within an hour. They agreed to it.

- I went back home and told my wife about the deal. She said I could have done more negotiation. I said, you can try tomorrow.

- Next day (April 02, 2013), me and my wife went there at sharp 9 AM to finish the paper work and talk about the final deal. My wife has discussion about payments and services. She managed to get one more oil service free with the same deal.

- We looked at the car. We were happy and ready to get the car. By the time we did the discussions and looked at car, it was already 10:15 AM. And we had to leave for work. We made the final deal and promising the final paperwork to be done on the same day evening at 7 PM.

- Me and my wife went back at 7 PM sharp to sign paperwork. We talked to their finance manager and started signing papers. I was checking papers and my wife was signing them. As soon as I saw final lease document where total price and mileages are stated. There were 10000 miles in stead of 12000 miles on paper.

- I asked finance manager to change it to 12000 as discussed earlier with one of their sales person named Herin. Herin was not in at that time. So, another person named Carl (sales manager) came and started discussing about the issue. I clearly stated that me and Herin (sales person) discussed during the negotiation. But, Carl said he cannot do it.

- I clarified the final deal to Carl. Suddenly, Carl got really angry and started shouting at me and my wife. He said he needs to close the store so he cannot carry on with the rest of paperwork. He also stated that me and my wife wasted their six to seven hours. And then, he told his junior sales person named Tim (who helped us a lot to get the car) to cancel the deal and scratch all paperwork.

- Me and my wife did not have any idea of what was going on. We were just listening to his offensive talks with full of anger. My wife was about to cry. I did not say any word to him and told Tim (sales person) to scratch all my paperwork. I also told him to give my $1000 deposit back and we left the place. As soon as we left, I got a call from Carl stating that they will provide lot of offers to us. He also tried to tell me that he was not angry but was trying t tell me the truth. I simply told him to process my deposit. In response, he told me to think over whatever happened. The day was April 02, 2013.

- I started getting calls from Carl, Tim and Herin about giving me the best deal. They were ready to write down whatever was discussed as part of deal. I refused to buy a car from their dealership and asked them to process my deposit. But, I did not see any credit on my credit card for next couple of days. I got calls for next 3 days and I kept asking for my money. Carl said the credit is already processed. But I did not have it.

- On April 08, my wife called Carl. He said he will check if it was processed. My wife gave my credit card information to them again to make sure it gets processed. She also asked for a confirmation. Which we never got.

- I was checking my credit card activity everyday to check if I have the money back. I waited waited and nothing happened.

- I was loosing my passion. On April 12, I called Tim again and asked him if he processed the credit. Tim said the credit is processed.  I sent and email to Tim to process credit or provide confirmation if they processed one. But, I did not get any response.

- On April 15, I called them, they did not respond. I left voice mail and asked them to check the issue and call me back. I never got a call back. I sent an email again on the same day. No response.

- Today is April 16, I called and tried to reach Chris (Left voice mail) and Tim (not in office). I am still waiting to get my $1000 back which I paid as a deposit on April 01.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/16/2013 02:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Open-Road-Acura-of-Wayne/internet/Open-Road-Acura-of-Wayne-lied-about-the-deal-We-cancelled-the-deal-but-still-waiting-to-1043746. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Open Road Acura of Wayne