- Report: #930342
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Operation Show You Care
Operation Show You Care900 Karen Avenue Suite B117 Las Vegas, Nevada United States of America
Operation Show You Care Troop Fest Organized Event for VETERANS, took and cashed my vender check, postponed event without any notification Las Vegas, Nevada
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
On July 6, 2012, nine days before the event, I recieved a phone call from an unknown lady informing me that the July 14 & 15 event has been posepone until August 25 & 26, 2012. She said "Clark County" told them the weather would be "cooler" in August. On July 9, 2012, I went to the office at 900 Karen Ave Suite B117 to ask for my money back. I talked to a young man and a women who told me my choice was to submit a request for refund, a form they had to give me and didn't, or attend the August event. I chose to give them another chance and attend the August Event.
On August 20, 2012, five days before the event, I decided to start focusing on the Troop Fest. I first when to the web site to see if there were any updates. I found nothing on GOOGLE or the web site about the Troop Fest on August 25 & 26. The only event advertised was TROOP FEST 2013 on February 16 & 17, 2013. I was confused so I decided to call the business number on the web site (702-892-8005). The phone rang for 10 minutes and no one answered. I called Mr Goodnights number (702-691-2004) listed on my application and was informed by Verizon that number was disconnected. Now I was getting concerned.
I called the Southern Nevada Health District and found out that no one had applied for a Promoters Health Certificate for either the July or August Event Under the name of Operation Show You Care or Troop Fest 2012. Now I am feeling SCAMMED. The Health Department doesn't recognize the event, I cannot reach anyone on the phone, and someone took the time to change the website information. However, no one was PROFFESSIONAL enough the notify the PAYING venders.
I went on the Troop Fest web site and and noticed there was a new address (953 E Sahara Suite F-3). I decided to drive over there to talk face to face. The old address was completey empty. There was another company in the new address who knew who I was talking about but said they were not located there. I got Mr Goodnights phone number (702-273-5954) from a friend and called him. He claimed he had a heart attack and was just getting back to work. Once again I was offered the choice to submit a request for refund or attend the February 2013 event.
This morning (August 21, 2012) I contacted the Clark County Parks and found out that Mr. Goodnight had ASKED about an event at Silverbowl Park but had never followed through with a Permit application in either July or August, 2012. He has yet to apply for a permit in February 2013.
I would sympothize with Mr. Goodnight Except fo the following.
1. He had never applied for a Promoter's Health Certificate or an Event Permit. This should have been done Months prior to the events. Long before the heart attack.
2. I have not seen any advertizement outside the web site for this event. Advertizement is normally finalized 6 weeks proir to an event. The fact that he could postone these events with such short notice tells me there was no advertizement.
3. Changing business locations, cancelling phone numbers, and not notifying clients in advance is avery shady business practice.
4. Mr. Goodnight did not have time to notify his venders in a timely manner. However, while recovering from a heart attack he found time to change his web site information.
5. Yesterday, the website had information about the February Troop Fest with NO explaination as to why it was changed or the plan to notify the venders. This is the same information that was there a week ago according to another vender who checked last week. This morning, however, this was on the web site:
"All Booth Vendors registered for Troopfest August 25-26th please send us an email with your information so we can re-schedule you for February 16-17, 2013. Due to someone entered our offices and took our Vendor files. Thank you and we apologize again for the delay but it will be much nicer and better performer line-up as well. We have other events that we can get you a free vendor booth in October and in December just to say Thank you."
Note: nothing about recovering from a heart attack which would have gotten my sympathy.
Bottom line: MrGoodnight is not just scamming me and the other venders, he is scamming AMERICAN VETERANS. Anyone who is associated with him needs to pull out before they get in trouble with the VETERANS ADMINISTRATION.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/21/2012 09:21 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Operation-Show-You-Care/Las-Vegas-Nevada-89109/Operation-Show-You-Care-Troop-Fest-Organized-Event-for-VETERANS-took-and-cashed-my-vender-930342. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.