Complaint Review: Opinion Place ,america Online

*Consumer Comment: not a rip-off

*Consumer Comment: Never had a problem getting paid

*Consumer Comment: I have always been paid for Opinon Place at AOL

*Consumer Comment: Paid for AOL Opinion Place Regularly

AOL's Get Paid for surveys' Opinion Place is bunk! I fell for it, and, this is what I got...

I wrote:
From: (((REDACTED FOR SECURITY PURPOSES)))
Sent: Tuesday, May 06, 2008 6:57 PM
To: OpinionPlace Help
Subject: where's my money?

I have completed this survey twice-- gave you my paypal, where's the 4.50 for each?

Their response:
Dear Member,
Thank you for contacting us. Our records show this email address (Kmonahan6@aol.com) did not qualify for a survey on 4/25/08 and 5/6/08. The questions you answered were for screening purposes only, and the data is not used.

Opinion Place is unable to credit members who do not qualify for a survey.

Please note these things about Opinion Place:

All surveys have a limited number of spaces.
Some surveys have specific qualifications such as gender, age, product usage, family size, etc.
Attempting the screening process, does not guarantee that you will qualify for a survey.
If you do not qualify, the answers that you provided are used for screening purposes only.
If you do not qualify for a survey, we invite you to visit Opinion Place again in 3 days.
Only ONE PERSON PER FAMILY/HOUSEHOLD may participate in Opinion Place.
Please do not hesitate to let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.

Liz
Member Services

Not sure what they wanted, but I checked every box applicable, and I am of the human species that surveys are used.

Karen
HOT, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/07/2008 08:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Opinion-Place-america-Online/internet/Opinion-Place-america-Online-survey-paid-aol-paypal-Aolcom-Internet-331064. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Opinion Place ,america Online

#1

Always got paid!

AUTHOR: Marie - (USA)

I have used Opinion Place for about 10 yrs now, ever since I joined AOL. I have ALWAYS gotten paid. I will say though that I am qualifying less lately, but that may just be due to demographics as I age (54).

not a rip-off

AUTHOR: Elaine - (U.S.A.)

I have been paid as promised everytime I qualified for a survey but you have to qualify and complete a survey before you will get paid...

some people don't read the rules and then complain.... READ (the rules) AND IF YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND ASK FOR SOMEONE TO EXPLAIN THEM TO YOU... It is just that simple. after all where do you work that you get paid for doing nothing??? AND IN ADVANCE... please tell me so I can work there too!

Never had a problem getting paid

AUTHOR: Cathie - (U.S.A.)

I have been doing the surveys since the days back when I was still paying to have aol as a back up browser. There have been a few glitches in this long time, but I have always been paid. There are often "slow times" when I end up doing screenings for weeks at a time and no paid survey, sometimes I get as much as $10 a month. Will one ever get rich doing these surveys? Of course not! But, I've always found these people to be one who answer customers with questions/concerns/problems. I do not feel that this is any sort of rip off.

I have always been paid for Opinon Place at AOL

AUTHOR: Imasiclegirl - (U.S.A.)

I have been doing AOL Opinion Place for about 1 year now. I have always been paid and never had to ask for my money.

I think what happened to you is you were just not qualified for the questions you were answering. This has happened to me before. Sometimes they can not qualify you until you have answered several questions which yes is annoying but all part of the paid for survey thing.

Over the year I have made about $50.00 which isnt killer money but isnt bad for just a few minutes of your time.

Paid for AOL Opinion Place Regularly

AUTHOR: Lisamg019 - (U.S.A.)

I have used AOL Opinion place for about 6 months now. Yes, it is sometimes frustrating to spend time answering qualifying questions only to be told that you do not qualify for a survey at this time. However, when I do qualify, which is at least once a week, I am always paid within a few days.

Survey payouts average 1.25 to 4.50 and I spend about fifteen minutes for each survey. Perhaps the woman of this ripoff report did not fully read the Opinion Place User Agreement before doing the survey? Either way, Opinion Place is not a ripoff and pays people for their time when they qualify.