• Report: #192405

• Submitted: Fri, May 19, 2006
  • Updated: Fri, May 19, 2006

• Reported By:FLINT Michigan
Opticom
P.O. Box 3141 Carmel, Indiana U.S.A.

Opticom ripoff I am being billed for calls I never made or no knowlage of these calles having been made Carmel Indiana

One day I got a notices that I was being billed for long distance calls I never made. The company was called Opticom. I have never hered of this company. I called the local phone company they told me to call the compamy and dispute it with them. I called and talked to and agent.

He played a recording of someone who was making the phone calls on my line but I did not know the voice I told him I was not paying for the calls. The voice was a males voice. There are no males that live here. I called and talked to SBC-AT@T the woman said the calls were all made in the morning at 5:18 A.M and 8:23 A.M.. The olny people that live here are me and my five year old daughter.

Iam on a fixed income and I can't afford these calls. I never made them. I am a college student. I am out of the house and sleeping when these calls took place.

When I told the agent I was not paying for the calls he said I had too because they were made from my line. I have no phone jacks in my house so I have to run the phone cord to my phone box to even have a phone. I can't even afford to have the phone company put one in. SBC-AT@T said if my phone box is not locked someone could plug a phone in the tester and place these calls. There is no lock on the phone box on the out side of my house.

I told her I never knew you could do such a thing. She said yes you can it is done all the time. She said all they have to do is unplug my phone and dial. I explaned this several times to the agent he did not care and hung up on me. I just wasnt these calls removed from my name because I did not make them and IAM not going to pay for them. Why should I have to pay for this I did not do it. GET REAL I have five year old With ADD AND ODD so when would I have time Iam a single parent

Laura
FLINT, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/19/2006 08:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Opticom/Carmel-Indiana-46632/Opticom-ripoff-I-am-being-billed-for-calls-I-never-made-or-no-knowlage-of-these-calles-hav-192405. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Opticom