Complaint Review: Optics Fast

• Updated: Fri, July 20, 2012

• Reported By: acidomunam — Florida United States of America
Optics Fast

Optics Fast Fraudulently Misleading Internet

After gaining full confidence in the company by talking to one of their sales representative, I decided to have my $150 Electric Sunglasses repaired, which had a broken hinge, with them. They assured me that the the repair work would be a solid long lasting job. I was a bit skeptical as the price estimate they gave me was anywhere from $20-$60 (a big range for an estimate on hinge damage who's lower end is given, I am convince in retrospect, as a bait and switch like tactic) with a mandatory payment for return shipping being (even if no work is done) $10 (which is conspicuously high for sunglasses's shipping especially if the company has regular business with the shipper).

Instead of simply buying new glasses, I figured I go for the repair so as to not be wasteful. Long story short, I got my glasses back which just had a strong adhesive holding the old hinge on and not surprisingly they broke within two months. Being skeptical of the whole deal initially, I had purchased the "1 year extended warranty" out of the other choices of 2 or 3 year extended warranties. When I spoke with a company rep about utilizing the warranty she said that it would be fine and my cost would only be only $30 this time. What? "Yes" she said "you purchased the warranty for a reduced price if your glasses were to be repaired again." I told her it was very misleading because I was under the impression the warranty was on the glasses not their repair rates. At this point she told me it was my fault for not doing enough research into it.

I find it to be fraud when their warranties imply one thing (and thus do not warrant further research), but are in fact something completely different. I then asked her if she could guarantee the glasses wouldn't break after two months again, she said that no in fact because of normal heat and the nature of the adhesive they would almost certainly break again. I asked her why I wasn't informed of this vital information up front when initially talking with one of there sale reps? she only shrugged it off saying that with my kind of glasses the adhesive not holding up after a repair is "common knowledge" and again it was my fault for not knowing. It certainly was my fault for giving almost $90 to this company which did literally nothing but sell my a story in sales and took my money in accounting; and now I know. So please heed my story and eschew their repair services, a "common knowledge" lesson I had to learn through my own failed experiences.

Tl;DR Every time you send a glass for repair it will most likely cost you $60 dollars. Their repair work consisted of gluing broken parts with glue that you can purchase at the hardware store. They will sell you a fraudulent extended warranty and your glasses will almost certainly break again.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/20/2012 11:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Optics-Fast/internet/Optics-Fast-Fraudulently-Misleading-Internet-914988. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Optics Fast