Complaint Review: OpticsFast

• Reported By: hotandbothered — St. Louis Missouri United States of America
OpticsFast
1204 Avenue U #1053 Internet United States of America

OpticsFast A Brilliant Scam Brooklyn, Internet

When the frames I purchased from OpticsFast arrived, they were the right color from the right designer, but the wrong size.  I called the company, fully expecting to hear, "So sorry, please return them and we will send out the right size."  Instead I got Cruella de Ville, who informed me, after raising her voice and talking over me, that there was no size indicated on the invoice, so she couldn't tell if the agent or I made the mistake. According to her I would have to pay the $40.00 restocking fee whether I returned the frames or exchanged them.

Logic did not appeal here.  Of course I ordered the size! Was I ordering them for a snowman? Cruella continued to repeat that I owed the money, getting louder and louder. When I matched her tone and volume, she accused me of talking over her and yelling at her.  I paid close to $60.00, including postage and insurance, for this good lesson: always get an invoice (they neglected to send me one, probably so they could make up what was on it if there was a complaint) and check online reviews before you buy.  I have to hand it to OpticsFast, they make money whether or not you are happy with your purchase, even when it is their mistake.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/08/2012 02:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/OpticsFast/internet/OpticsFast-A-Brilliant-Scam-Brooklyn-Internet-952472. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on OpticsFast