- Report: #428661
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: OpticsPlanet, Inc.
OpticsPlanet, Inc.3150 Commercial Ave Northbrook, Illinois U.S.A.
Optics Planet, opticsplanet.net/ OpticsPlanet, Inc. Advertises non-stocked items; slow to ship; misrepresents order status on line. Northbrook, Illinois
*Author of original report: Advertises non-stocked items; slow to ship; misrepresents order status on line. (Optics Planet, opticsplanet.com/ OpticsPlanet, Inc., Northbrook, Illinois)
2. No hint as to when the item would be stocked. I called after about 15 days to find that it had come in, but they never notified me or attempted to ship the item.
3. Based on my call, they (supposedly) issued the shipment and backdated their shipping date by one day on their web site.
4. In spite of their web site accounting that the item had been shipped, it was took 4 more days and two more telephone calls before they bothered to send the item to UPS even though they sent the billing information to UPS (to expect the package) and charged me for the item.
5. Eventually, after over a half a month from the order date, I got my item.
At no time, did their web site ever indicate that the item was not stocked-- even after they informed me of that fact. Who knows how many others were ordering to get put on hold... I am not impressed and would buy elsewhere if there is an option coming within 5% of their price. What good is "free shipping" if they don't get around to shipping?!!
Ben A. L
100 Commercial Ave, Illinois
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/26/2009 09:25 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/OpticsPlanet-Inc/Northbrook-Illinois-60062/Optics-Planet-opticsplanetnet-OpticsPlanet-Inc-Advertises-non-stocked-items-slow-to-428661. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.