Complaint Review: OpticsPlanet.com

• Updated: Wed, December 01, 2010

• Reported By: MGM3479 — Miami Florida United States of America
OpticsPlanet.com
3150 Commercial Ave Northbrook, Illinois United States of America

OpticsPlanet.com Opticsplanet, Inc. Customer Appreciation Does Not Exist On Their Planet Northbrook, Illinois

It troubles me greatly to leave such a negative review but this was without a doubt the WORST ONLINE EXPERIENCE EVER.

I recently purchased a pair of binoculars, a tripod and a finder scope from OpticsPlanet. Each arrived damaged and/or did not come at all...but this could be overlooked if proper accommodations were made. What is difficult to understand was their handling of the situation when I requested that they provide the missing scope which was included and to replace the damaged tripod and case they continually gave me the same automated email response...

"I see you have spoken again with our customer service. If you need anything else, please let us know. I do see that we have made every reasonable attempt to help you out. I do hope that we are able to satisfy you this time. Have a wonderful day!"

To make things easier for both of us I asked for a credit since they were unwilling to accommodate my simple request to deliver on what was paid for. Instead they wanted me to return the items (really? during the holidays?? seems highly inefficient!!). The entire purpose of online ordering is to SAVE time not WASTE time going through red tape. This is the absolute last time I will ever purchase from OpticsPlanet as they have demonstrated that they do not care about their customers needs. What could be worse when you have already been inconvenienced by a bad order to receive the same automated email and asked to start all over?

Is expecting to receive what you paid for unreasonable?

Is assuming a company values its customers' business some whacked-out idea?

Is getting pre-populated, bubbly, childish emails that almost seem to mock the customer an acceptable business practice?

If you answered YES then visit Planet OpticsPlanet where you will find your shopping Utopia!

For the reasonable persons among us the vote for OpticsPlanet: NEVER,NEVER,NEVER AGAIN! Buying from them is an invitation for disaster. Can you really afford to have more to worry about than you already do?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/01/2010 07:44 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/OpticsPlanetcom/Northbrook-Illinois-60062/OpticsPlanetcom-Opticsplanet-Inc-Customer-Appreciation-Does-Not-Exist-On-Their-Planet-666935. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on OpticsPlanet.com