Complaint Review: Optimal Health Products Inc.

• Submitted: Tue, August 27, 2013
  • Updated: Tue, August 27, 2013

• Reported By: LuLuWags — Chicago Illinois
Optimal Health Products Inc.
, Florida USA

Optimal Health Products Inc. Ordered 'trial' and charged 78.49 after 14 days of ordering Florida

I ordered Garcinia Cambogia XT with African Mango "Trial" from Optimal Health Products, Inc. off the web. They sent two bottles (60 capsules each). Their website is misleading as sending a free trial should mean just that. FREE. Unfortunately, this was not the case.

I paid 4.95 shipping, received the order and noticed there wasn't an invoice...just a flyer advertising their support website and that a third bottle would ship in 60 days. I never received an email confirmation for this order nor was I informed of the cost after the trial period.

Upon calling the 855# tonight I was directed to a CSR (very friendly) and told her I wanted to cancel the third bottle (thinking that all I paid was $4.95). I told her that due to a medical condition that occurred during the trial period that my doctor told me to stop taking this product. She tried to convince me to not cancel and they'll put my account on hold so that in the event I'd like to continue, then they will ship the third bottle. I told her that I can't use the two I received and to cancel my account and not bill me. I received a cancellation number and asked for the CSR's name. I figured that all I lost was 4.95 shipping.

I looked at my charge card details and found a $78.49 charge 14 days after placing the order. I called back tonight and talked with another CSR who told me that this charge was for the FIRST bottle, then in 30 days they would have charged me for the second bottle but I cancelled the order. She said it states this on the website when I ordered (not true) Had I not cancelled tonight, I would have been charged another $78.49 for the third bottle! (total of $235.47 not including shipping)

Unfortunately, this website turns the consumer around in circles, offers more and more products and don't allow you to 'get out' unless you continue ordering additional products to help expedite your success (like a colon cleanse). When placing the order I clicked out of the their website thinking it there was something wrong with my browser. There's nothing wrong with my browser...It's this company and their website that needs to be shut down!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/27/2013 07:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Optimal-Health-Products-Inc/Florida/Optimal-Health-Products-Inc-Ordered-trial-and-charged-7849-after-14-days-of-ordering-1079641. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Optimal Health Products Inc.