Complaint Review: Optimum Health Insurance

• Updated: Thu, October 17, 2013

• Reported By: SB — Arlington Texas
Optimum Health Insurance
Addison, Texas USA

Optimum Health Insurance Fidelity Life Insurace Not a Major Medical Insurance Plan Addison Texas

*Consumer Comment: another victum

While trying to reach the Heath Market Place when open enrollment began, I came to this website.  I requested information and my phone began blowing up with calls from them.  I spoke with a pleasant sounding lady, Amy, who described the plans sounding much like the health market place.  She, however, did not openly convey this program was not major medical coverage or accepted by most physicians and hospitals.

Immediately realizing this wasn't the program for me, I contacted Amy direct within 24 hours to cancel the policy.  Despite this, charges from the life insurace that came with the plan and the health care insurance costs still were posted to bank account two weeks after I notified her to cancel.  I've filed two dispute charges with my bank.  No one will answer the phone at Optimum Health Insurance or return my calls.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/17/2013 08:56 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Optimum-Health-Insurance/Addison-Texas/Optimum-Health-Insurance-Fidelity-Life-Insurace-Not-a-Major-Medical-Insurance-Plan-Addiso-1092572. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Optimum Health Insurance

another victum

AUTHOR: sick and dying - ()

I was also mislead regarding insurance with this same company by Amy Ausamento.  I called Blue Cross of Texas and was transferred directly to Amy.  Because of the direct transfer from Blue Cross I felt that the policy that she represented was legit.  Nothing was as she described.  It took over a month to get an insurance card and no one will answer or return calls.  I believe that Amy will eventually loose her license for making fruadulent statements.  But in the mean time beware of insurance brokers including Blue Cross for directly transferring calls to brokers like this.