Complaint Review: Optimum One Health

• Updated: Tue, October 01, 2013

• Reported By: msvickief — Northfield Ohio
Optimum One Health
PO Box 1628, Addison, TX 75001-1628 , Select State/Province USA

Optimum One Health Freedom Life On 9/19 I contacted Optimum One Health - Freedom Life and spoke to Devon Craig. He quoted me a health plan at $287.50 that included the Fidelity & Freedom Life Insurance Plan. I was told in order for me to be accepted for insurance due to a preexisting condition of heart ablation in 12-12, that I would have to have to receive the life insurance at which was $50 a month of the $287.50 premium. I feel the sales agent – Devon Craig at 443-203-2205 misrepresented a plan just to get me to buy it. He has not returned my calls and when I called about the billing address, I was rudely addressed over the phone. Addison Texas

On 9/19 I contacted Optimum One Health - Freedom Life and spoke to Devon Craig.  He quoted me a health plan at $287.50 that included the Fidelity & Freedom Life Insurance Plan.  I was told in order for me to be accepted for insurance due to a preexisting condition of heart ablation in 12-12, that I would have to have to receive the life insurance at which was $50 a month of the $287.50 premium.    I feel the sales agent – Devon Craig at 443-203-2205 misrepresented a plan just to get me to buy it.  He has not returned my calls and when I called about the billing address, I was rudely addressed over the phone.  I was told it included:

1) 4 PCP visit per year at no co-pay and $0 ded (covered 100%)

2) 1 Well women visit per year at $0 cost to me (no -co pay or ded)

3) ER was $100.00 per visit and not subject to the deducible

4) Lab and Radiology is paid at 70% (I was responsible for 30% of billed)

5) RX - $10.00 Tier 1 and $20.00 Tier 2 (not subject to the deducible, only tier 3 & 4)

6) Dental - Free cleaning only once a year

7) Vision - One free eye exam once a year

He also explained that it is a PPO plan with in-network Providers.

He also told me that when I hear the confirmation of the policy, it will be confusing on the breakdown $amounts, but it will all add up to the $287.50 as he quoted me. I asked if  I could see the Summary of Benefits ahead of time before I purchase to look over everything. He said I had to enroll first and everything would be e mail and/or mailed to me. I agreed and enrolled into the plan.  He also told me that my plan would be effective 9/20 but the plan and cards stated 9/28.

Once I received the benefit summary and reviewed it, 9/29,  nothing was as he stated. I tried calling him at the number above, but it I could not get through as the mailbox was full and had to leave a message on the next number transferred to.   No reply.

I was billed 9/20 by Optimum One at $372.55 and 9/25 by Fidelity at $47.85.  I lost my job and cannot afford this extra expense.

The contact number is 877-711-9963 for Optimum One – Freedom Health and 800-369-3990 for Fidelity Life.

Vickie, Northfield, OH

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/01/2013 08:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Optimum-One-Health/Select-StateProvince/Optimum-One-Health-Freedom-Life-On-919-I-contacted-Optimum-One-Health-Freedom-Life-an-1088782. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Optimum One Health