Complaint Review: Optimum Performance Institute

• Updated: Fri, November 23, 2012

• Reported By: Micheal — los angeles California United States of America
Optimum Performance Institute
5855 topanga canyon place woodland hills, California United States of America

Optimum Performance Institute OPI A disturbing place, not made for anyone with LD Or any emotional or psychological issues. woodland hills, California

I want to actually say. I was here as a participant in the past. I don't think they deliberately tell you, you are sending your child not into a rehabilitation clinic, but a place where he or she can do more drugs.. Trying to sugarcoat it isn't easy for them, after all i was there to witness a participant using Xanax, high off his head stabbing through an apartment door, with a kitchen knife trying to get in to get MORE drugs out of the lock-box which contained PRESCRIPTION medications others paid for.

I witnessed several people leaving the apartment late at night through the window in order to buy and use cocaine. I firsthand have witnessed how this program has destroyed many rather than helped them. I still cannot believe that most people send their kids here, after all, I know better, and i myself am disabled,  that you should not mix  young adults who have learning disabilities or emotional issues with those who have substance abuse issues; it's just common logic.

My main complaint, and why i left lies with a therapist who tried to charge me for extra time  (About 30 minutes extra) everytime I sat in a 15 minute session, which is complete trash, and utterly unprofessional at best.  Being already i spent 60,000 dollars for -half-  a year on a program which didn't even help me, letalone kept my meds away from me, and wasn't giving them to me half the time, after i had no substance abuse issues at all, (thank god i still don't) and got me hooked on cigarettes, which  3 years later i am still smoking. Thanks OPI for totally taking my innocence. Appreciate it!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/23/2012 01:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Optimum-Performance-Institute/woodland-hills-California-91367/Optimum-Performance-Institute-OPI-A-disturbing-place-not-made-for-anyone-with-LD-Or-any-e-972700. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Optimum Performance Institute