Complaint Review: Option One Morgage Company

• Submitted: Tue, August 17, 2004
  • Updated: Tue, August 17, 2004

• Reported By:petrolia California
Option One Morgage Company
P.o. Box 57054 Irvine, California U.S.A.

Option One Morgage Company ripoff original note,98,400. 2-1/2yrs later I owe 102,486.73. CROOKS, WHY? Irvine California

First, there was not supposed to be a pre-payment penalty. The day I signed,I found where they added it. It was to be removed.

It never was. After sept. 11 bombing, money got tight. I am a single working mother and was trying to juggle alot of things. They do not care. Harassing phone calls.

They knew I was having trouble, I told them. So they forclosed,to make it even harder for me to pay them,inorder to keep my house.

May 18th. I was sent a letter, stating I had over paid them by 1360.80. I was not supposed to receive this letter because I was behind in my payment,I was told this by one of there employee's. They would not use it as a payment and they would not give back to me until I paid them money.If they ended up with my house,they were going to keep the 1360.80. I had been over paying them for 2.6 years and they never told me.

Now that I am trying to refinance and get away from them, they say I owe them $102,486.73+ 4000.00 for prepayment penalty, I think this is a large RIP-OFF, and I have made payments in the amount of 1030.00 for 2.6 years. I need help here.

Estrellita (lita)
petrolia, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/17/2004 05:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Option-One-Morgage-Company/Irvine-California-92619-7054/Option-One-Morgage-Company-ripoff-original-note98400-2-12yrs-later-I-owe-10248673-C-104135. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Option One Morgage Company