Complaint Review: Option One Mortgage Corporation

• Submitted: Sun, January 06, 2008
  • Updated: Sun, January 06, 2008

• Reported By:Valley Springs California
Option One Mortgage Corporation
6501 Irvine Center Drive Irvine, California U.S.A.

Option One Mortgage Corporation Loan Modification/Loan Workout Irvine California

I currently have a mortgage with Option One that is going to adjust in August 2008 by $1695. I have contacted customer service quite a few times to get information on the rate freeze and/or loan modification and get the run around each time I call.
I am anxious to "fix" my loan with a modification or rate freeze so that I may continue to pay my mortgage payments in full and on time.

I just wanted to suggest to anyone going through foreclosure with Option One to request a loan modification so that you may continue to stay in your home. There is help out there and a lot of non-profit organizations that can help you stay in your home. One website I found to be helpful is LoanSafe.org and that website is specifically geared towards homeowners in crisis.

Just my two cents but from what I have read about Option One a class action should be filed against them for predatory lending and predatory servicing.

Valley Springs, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/06/2008 01:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Option-One-Mortgage-Corporation/Irvine-California-92618/Option-One-Mortgage-Corporation-Loan-ModificationLoan-Workout-Irvine-California-297530. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Option One Mortgage Corporation