Complaint Review: Option One Mortgage

• Submitted: Tue, June 10, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, June 10, 2008

• Reported By:Locust North Carolina
Option One Mortgage
Jacksonville, Florida , California U.S.A.

Option One Mortgage And Staff After raising my interest rate to twice the original amount they refuse to give me a payoff Jacksonville, Florida

I obtained a mortgage from Option One Mortgage not knowing what would lie ahead. Immediately, they began to increase my rate monthly to a payment amount I could no longer make.
After struggling for a while and not being able to make the payments the home went into foreclosure. We paid the fees to get the home out of forclosure and were fortunate enough to obtain the money to pay off the loan for a relative.
However, two months have gone by and I still do not have a vaild payoff from Option One which will allow me to satisfy my debt. They laugh in your face when you ask for this information and go so far as to tell you they don't have to give you anything until they get ready. They admit to knowing that their reluctance to give the information is costing you up to $100 a day but they don't care. They say they will withhold the information just because they can.
The calls are supposed to be recorded but I guarantee you they will never produce one in a court of law. When I asked for the name of the employee I was talking to I was told they were not allowed to give out their names. She said to refer to her as SS4. What does that tell you about the kind of people who work for a company of this moral integrity?
I encourage everyone to call 1-800-326-1500 and ask to speak to SS4. She is certainly not a nice lady. When asked to speak to her supervisor, she refused and told me they would not help either.
Please make sure that legislation is passed so these companies can no longer exist. Please make sure that the government will not take any steps to help these lenders. They have gotten most of their customer's heart and soul as it is.

Big c
Locust, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/10/2008 07:39 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Option-One-Mortgage/California/Option-One-Mortgage-And-Staff-After-raising-my-interest-rate-to-twice-the-original-amount-338782. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Option One Mortgage