Complaint Review: Option One Mortgage

• Submitted: Mon, December 03, 2007
  • Updated: Tue, December 04, 2007

• Reported By:St. George Utah
Option One Mortgage
3 Ada Irvine, California U.S.A.

Option One Mortgage Customer Service - What A Joke! Irvine California

*Consumer Suggestion: Sorry for your disabilities.

I have an all-too familiar problem with a United State's Corporation, Option One Mortgage. My husband and I have recently become disabled. Our mortgage is current but after this month we will not be able to pay the entire amount due each month. We also have been charged this month with a $50.00 delinquency charge because of a shortage in our escrow account. They were the ones who figured out how much we should pay each month which we've done (actually we've been paying extra on the principal until our disabilities.) We have tried a dozen times, both by phone and e-mail, to speak with someone (in the United States who I can understand) to no avail. I have been hung up on after asking to speak with a US representative, switched to their supposedly Irvine Office only to be told by a machine that their office is currently closed. It was 1:30 p.m. their time! The number on their website listed everywhere for customer service has been disconnected! I have received no reply to my e-mail. As a good faithful customer, is our only option to just pay the bill or lose our house to foreclosure? I've heard repeatedly on TV that anyone with problems meeting their monthly mortgage payment commitment should speak with the company or "work" with the company. If we lived in Irvine California we would march into their Corporate Office with hammers in hand!

Mike
St. George, Utah

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/03/2007 03:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Option-One-Mortgage/Irvine-California-92618/Option-One-Mortgage-Customer-Service-What-A-Joke-Irvine-California-288669. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Option One Mortgage

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Sorry for your disabilities.

AUTHOR: Nikki - (U.S.A.)

First let me say I am sorry to hear of your disabilities.

If you are unable to make your mortgage payments due to an ARM loan that adjusted to the higher rate, then hopefully help may be on the way. If that is not the case, you will probably not be able to just lower your payments from here on out. Some mortgage companies will work with you if you are having trouble making a payment, but I doubt they will work with you if you cannot meet your mortgage payment from here on. You either need to refinance or sell your home. There may be other options for you, but asking your mortgage company to lower your current payment from now on is probably not going to happen.

Wish I had better news for you.