Complaint Review: Option One Mortgage

• Submitted: Fri, January 04, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, January 04, 2008

• Reported By:waldoboro Maine
Option One Mortgage
6501 Irvine Center Drive Irvine, Maine U.S.A.

Option One Mortgage Forced into Foreclosure, Option Loses Two Month Mortage Payment Irvine Maine

Due to a hard year financially I fell 2 months behind in my mortage. I knew if I fell another month behind Option One would begin to foreclose on me. I tried to call and speak to a supervisor when I first fell behind...on several occations I got transferred to a phone line that would ring for 47 min. at a time with no supervisor answering the phone.

When represenatives called my home I would ask to be transferred to a supervisor so I could speak to them about the past due balance, every time the represenative would hang up on me. Every time I sent a payment I would include a letter asking that someone from Option One call me to discuss the unpayed balance on the account. no one ever called.

In November 2007 I called and spoke to a representative explaining I was 2 months behind and they would get their $1059.00 payment but due to living in Maine and needing heating oil it would be sent in 2 payments during November, and I'd still be 2 months behind but would catch up when I got my taxes back in January 2008. This representative said she'd mark the account and so long as I didn't fall 3 months behind I'd be OK. Well they refused my November payment sending it back to me, because it was mailed in 2 payments.

Once again I tried to call, write, and contact someone who could help me. With no responce from Option One. In December I mailed 3 poastal money orders in the same envelope. One for $200.00 and two for 1,000.00 each...still keeping me 2 months behind. They refused my December payment and said I was currently under foreclosure for falling four months behind.....but they had only sent me back $200.00 of the $2,200.00 payment I made in the month of December.

I explained that they chose to put me 4 months behind due to sending my money back to me and not accepting 2 payments in November, and I wanted to know where the $2,000.00 was; they have no idea and said unless I pay the past due balance in one lump sum they will continue to foreclose. I work with handicapped people and though the work is emotionally rewarding the pay rate isn't the best and like most people I live check to check. thats why I have to waite until tax time to catch up. They lost my $2,000.00 and don't want me to put a stop payment on them, but now expect me to come up with a4 month mortgage payments because their representative didn't mark my account in November like she said and they lost a 2 month payment. Are they not going to stop the foreclosure due to loseing my money. NO. What is a person of modest income to do?

Traci
waldoboro, Maine

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/04/2008 08:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Option-One-Mortgage/Irvine-Maine-92618/Option-One-Mortgage-Forced-into-Foreclosure-Option-Loses-Two-Month-Mortage-Payment-Irvine-297147. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Option One Mortgage