Complaint Review: Option One Mortgage/American Home Loan Servicing

• Submitted: Wed, January 21, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, January 21, 2009

• Reported By:Marysville Michigan
Option One Mortgage/American Home Loan Servicing
6501 Irvine Center Drive, Irvine, California U.S.A.

Option One Mortgage/American Home Loan Servicing The Uncaring Mortgage Company IrvineIrvine California

*Author of original report: Option One-revised

I had just lost my job and had discovered that Option One had us in an ARM loan. My husband and I looked into refinancing but because of past financial issues decided to stay with Option One. When we realized we were going to have issues paying the increased amount, we contacted Option One to see if there was a loan modification that we could do.

We tried three different times to get a loan modification and each time they told us we didn't qualify. To even make my monthly mortgage payment, I got all my other bills behind. Each time we tried to qualify, I had to fax all the papers again and each time I had to call them, I also got sent to India. I finally had to tell them to connect me to some one in the states. It was a very stressful time for my husband and I.

On the third and final try, we said the heck with it. If Option One doesn't want to work with us, then they can sit on a vacant house. They now own my house and my family and I have since moved to a better house. We would never recommend this mortgage company to anyone, not even my worst enemy. I have heard of people and their mortgage companies working with them so the banks don't have to sit on a house they don't want. Option One doesn't work with their borrowers. All they want is their money.

Best of luck to everyone who has to deal with this mortgage company. I am at peace now and not stressing anymore. At this time, I have all my bills caught back up and paid on time. Oldlady

Old lady
Marysville, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/21/2009 10:15 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Option-One-MortgageAmerican-Home-Loan-Servicing/Irvine-California-92618/Option-One-MortgageAmerican-Home-Loan-Servicing-The-Uncaring-Mortgage-Company-IrvineIrvin-414354. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Option One Mortgage/American Home Loan Servicing

Option One-revised

AUTHOR: Old lady - (U.S.A.)

I am not saying letting your house go into forclosure but that was what we had to do because we couldn't afford our house anymore and with 2 kids under the age of 10, we had to finally find another place to live. My husband and I don't argue over the house payment and bills as much anymore.