Complaint Review: Option One Mtg/ahmsi

• Submitted: Tue, February 24, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, February 24, 2009

• Reported By:reynoldsburg Ohio
Option One Mtg/ahmsi
4600 Regent Blvd, Suite 200 Nationwide U.S.A.

Option One Mtg/ahmsi preditory lending Irving Texas

This lender is amazing. I had lost my parents only 4 months apart, suffered a nervous breakdown, had major surgery, and my husband AND i were having trouble in our marriage .. ...I couldn't afford the house with the escalating mortgage 3/27 arm..so, i contacted them . they told me to pay for an appraisal and send them the necessary documents..and a hardship letter and list the home for a short sale..I did all this.

The appraisal came in at 99k ..I owed 117k ..We got an offer from a preapproved buyer at 90k and they(option one/ahmsi) turned it down..saying it woundn't be in their best interest..so, my agent asked if they would take a deed in lieu..they took two weeks to come back and say no ..it wasn't in their best interest..which is the same thing they said about the short sale..so, my agent said my only option was to let it go into foreclosure..So, that was what I decided..

Then about 1 month after that their atty and I talked he asked me if i would do a deed in lieu..I said sure..he had me fill out the paperwork and send it in...i felt good for this took a load off me..then 3 weeks went by and the collection calls of course were continuing..i talked to someone who spoke horrible english and they told me that the deed in lieu was denied..because..."it wasn't in their" best interest" . My mother in law offered to pay about 3,000 to help them take the deed in lieu..and again was told ..NO...Any attorney or other firm may contact me

Cassie
reynoldsburg, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/24/2009 02:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Option-One-Mtgahmsi/nationwide/Option-One-Mtgahmsi-preditory-lending-Irving-Texas-428018. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Option One Mtg/ahmsi