Complaint Review: Option One

• Submitted: Thu, July 17, 2003
  • Updated: Thu, July 17, 2003

• Reported By:Gap Mills West Virginia
Option One
3 Ada Irvine, California U.S.A.

Option One Mortgage Co ripoff victimized many consumers screwed others Irvine California

Our problems with Option One began in August 2001 when we were late with August's payment. I sent both August and September's payment together. September's was on time. My check was sent back to me saying that I had to send a Cashier's check for that amount. No reason was given. We had never sent them a bad check.

Then they began refusing cashier checks for payment and threatened foreclosure. We retained a lawyer who they refuse to talk to. We now have 14 months of payments in escrow that Option One refuses. Last February an amount was given to us that would get us paid up if we would send it. We did and then a letter was sent that we owed their lawyer a fee. It has been one thing after another. During all these doings we have tried to reason to several people at Option One to no avail.

Phillip was one of them. He was abusive and desrespectful and tried to intimidate me. He suggested I borrow money from relatives to pay them. He suggested jobs my disabled husband might could do. He talked in a very condescending manner, as have all the people there that we have talked to. I would hope someone initiates an investigation into their scrupulous business practices.

John & donna
Gap Mills, West Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/17/2003 07:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Option-One/Irvine-California-92618-2304/Option-One-Mortgage-Co-ripoff-victimized-many-consumers-screwed-others-Irvine-California-63998. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Option One