Complaint Review: Options Credit Services Canada Ltd

• Updated: Thu, April 17, 2014

• Reported By: Steve — Burnaby British Columbia Canada
Options Credit Services Canada Ltd
202 5960 Tyson Road, Chillwicak B.C. V2R3R5 Internet United States of America

Options Credit Services Canada Ltd Don Antle SCAM ALERT: This company ,and its owners, Don and Karen Antle is an absolute SCAM; they are selling licenses for $15,000 which are nothing more than sales jobs. They claim that if you pay them the $1 Internet, Internet

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Bull S***

*UPDATE Employee ..inside information: Karen Antle: Super Mom

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: The Real Karen Antle

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: The real Karen Antle

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Would the real Karen Antle please stand up ...

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: DONALD ANTLE'S FRAUDULENT WAYS!

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Don't Be Another Victim

*General Comment: Hyperbole

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Interesting Reprised

*Consumer Comment: Interesting

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: 15% Reasonable

*Consumer Comment: Seems shady..

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Disgruntled Former Employee Makes Bogus Charge

OPTIONS CREDIT SERVICES CANADA LTD of Chilliwack, B.C., and its owners, DON ANTLE AND KAREN ANTLE, are advertising on Craigslist and Kijiji in cities all across Canada, selling company "licenses" for $15,000.00. They claim that if you purchase a license from them, that they will provide you with an income exceeding $300,000.00 in 3 years. They also claim there is no selling required to earn this huge income.

These licenses the company are selling for $15,000.00, are no more than the right to sell for the company. You get nothing in return for your $15,000.00 other than the right to try and entice poor people into using Options as a debt consolidator.

What is very unfortunate, is that OPTIONS and Don Antle, are simply preying on poor folks who are experiencing financial problems, and enticing these people to hire the company to manage their debt. That's all this company does, is charge a service fee to manage the clients debt, and they charge HUGE money to do this. OPTIONS charges their clients a 15% service fee per month, yes, 15% PER MONTH, not per year, to manage their debt! The truth is that if these clients knew the truth, they would likely never hire OPTIONS or Don Antle to manage their funds, especially when the clients could do this themselves and save thousands of dollars instead of paying Don Antle and OPTIONS to do this. WHAT A RIP-OFF!

The company also claims that if you purchase the license from them, they will give you leads from all across Canada, however, it is doubtful if they do have clients from all over Canada. They have only been in business a few short months, and it is highly unlikely they have many clients from anywhere, nevermind all across Canada as they advertise. If you purchase their license, you would still have to entice the few leads they give you into become a client of OPTIONS. That way, you get to take advantage of the hurting folks as well as Don Antle and OPTIONS CREDIT SERVICES CANADA LTD.

OPTIONS also claims that it offers better service, better programs, and better results than any of its competitors. This is absolutely FALSE ADVERTISING; they offer nothing more than any other company in Canada. Their claim to have their "Options Express" program is a lie; they have no such program available at all.

Don Antle, the president, is also trying to sell shares in the company without filing a prospectus, contrary to the securities act. This is a criminal offense.

This company is an absolute SCAM as is its owner, DON ANTLE.

BEWARE!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/26/2012 03:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Options-Credit-Services-Canada-Ltd/internet/Options-Credit-Services-Canada-Ltd-Don-Antle-SCAM-ALERT-This-company-and-its-owners-Don-859651. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Options Credit Services Canada Ltd

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Bull S***

AUTHOR: Karen Antle - ()

My name is Karen Antle. I am being accused of owning Options Credit. That is a lie.  If anyone would like to call me rather than hiding behind lies than do so. I have nothing to hide my telephone number is (778)387-4699.

#2 UPDATE Employee ..inside information

Karen Antle: Super Mom

AUTHOR: Alex Antle - ()

I'd like to set some fact straight,

1) I am Alexander Philip Antle ( Karen Antle's oldest son)

2) Karen Antle was never an employee of Options Credit at anytime, there are no records to prove so.

3) The "anynomous" posters should get a real life, if you spent as much time working on making a living you would probably actually earn a liviing instead of slandering anymousley online in complete disregard of the facts at hand. Have a look in the mirror I can tell you why your business failed.

4) This "Monster" adjective should be directed Karen's way as shes abandoned two children (not including myself) with zero contact as to where she is or how to get a hold of her as she is trying to hide from financial responsibility.

5) Karen's stories are quite humerous as these "facts" would make quite a funny fictional story that no one who is personally involved in the family could ever belive.

6) Abuse, s***k, monster, all of these statements you have made are fictional and you need some serious help Karen. YOU are the Monster , YOU were the cancer not anyone else.

7) To all you other posters, likely all the same person I hope you are having fun talking to yourself. It's time to move on and get a job. You have to accept the fact that lying online about a company and creating sories is not REALLY a job.

You may be able to trick Karen into replying to this thread to make it even bigger, but you see I'm not that dumb. If you have something to say to me, you can find me I am easily available to be spoken to. I know you won't come out of the dark anyways.

#3 UPDATE EX-employee responds

The Real Karen Antle

AUTHOR: Bullshit - ()

I need to know who posted the report saying they met me recently.. Where? When did you meet me? Who is posing as ME.

My ID was stolen so beware if there is a female posing as me.

Karen Antle

Please whoever needs to talk to me post your telephone number and l will call you.  Like I said on an earlier post.. I am in hiding from a MONSTER!!!!

#4 UPDATE EX-employee responds

The real Karen Antle

AUTHOR: Bullshit - ()

This is Karen Antle. Who ever posted that I was involved with Don Antle, why don't you tell me who you are.? This is a lie. I was not involved in anything that Don has done. Is this one of Don's skanks?

Don and I were never married. His wife's name is Cindy Waco.

I think you should know a little bit about what I have gone through with him. I was in an extremely abusive relationship for twenty four years. I am also disabled. You need to get your facts straight before you run off at the mouth.

If you want to talk, post your phone number and I will call you. I can't give you my number I am in hiding from a MONSTER!!!

#5 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Would the real Karen Antle please stand up ...

AUTHOR: Hal Mcleod - ()

Who ever is writing the last post should come out of the closet. I have met Don's wife Karen recently and she was a part of the fraud schemes run by Don Antle. No doubt about that! Too bad Don assaulted her recently and is now charged. Being a scam artist is sick but beating your wife is cowardice. Sure hope Karen throws the book at him legally but Don will find a way to wiggle out of this one too. Karen Waco sounds about right. Maybe Don should change his name to Waco. That would be fitting for a psychopath.

#6 UPDATE EX-employee responds

DONALD ANTLE'S FRAUDULENT WAYS!

AUTHOR: This is bulls*** - ()

This is bulls*** you need to get your facts straight Karen Antle was an employee of Options Credit Services Karen Antle was/or is not DONALD ANTLE'S WIFE!!!!!!!!! HIS WIFE LIVES IN ONTARIO. Her name is Cindy Marie Antle/Waco. Karen was an employee of Options Credit until September 15,2010. She has nothing to do with Mr.Donald Edward Antle's FRAUDULENT WAYS!!!!!!!

#7 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Don't Be Another Victim

AUTHOR: Ron - (Canada)

So it looks like the bully is leaving the schoolyard. Notice he still didn't give us any happy licensees to contact ... and that is because there just aren't any. In fact Options Credit has left a trail of destruction by scamming many honest, hard working folks in BC and Alberta. Just make sure you don't become one of them.

#8 REBUTTAL Owner of company

End Of The Line

AUTHOR: Don Antle - (Canada)

I have no more time to waste on a ghost. There will be nothing happening on March 1 apparently much like the poster's life. The facts are apparent-no 16 Licensees, no 20 cases before the courts. My contact information is above. My offer to verify to anyone real, who cares stands.

#9 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Avoid, Avoid, Avoid

AUTHOR: Ron - (Canada)

Just as I expected, there are no existing licensees just a lot of avoidance of the truth. Be pretty interesting to see you in Provincial Court in Chilliwack on March 1/13. You won't be able to avoid the truth there Don. And the media and authorities will be watching. Good luck to you!

#10 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Fake "Ron" Holds Himself To A Lower Standard

AUTHOR: Don Antle - (Canada)

After all the Lies you have been exposed for telling here fake "Ron" and for being too much of a coward to operate under your real name it is amazing that you can demand anyone to "put their money where their mouth is". I would never, ever degrade the good name of our hard working Licensees by associating them with the extortion that you and this site so calluously represent. You sir are the blight and the problem, no one else. If you are so certain of your facts as you claim stop hiding behind the INTERNET, come forward with your "case"-what do you have to fear if you are really telling the truth?

I have at least provided the contact information and my real name to reach me. If anyone that is real, not a fake persona like you actually wishes to speak to one of our Licensees I would be happy to oblige. Now why don't you "put your money where your mouth is" pretend "Ron"-come out from the shadows and have the courage of your so called convictions. I am not holding my breath

#11 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Where's the Beef Don

AUTHOR: Ron - (Canada)

Put your money where your mouth is Don and post the names, email addresses, and phone numbers of any successful Licensees. There aren't any!

#12 REBUTTAL Owner of company

"Ron" Relents

AUTHOR: Don Antle - (Canada)

Fake"Ron" now caught in his obvious lies gives some great advice at last! Of course you should do your research and due dilligence. We welcome it. As I wrote from the beginning unlike this phoney I am available anytime to discuss this or any other issues at the contact number I gave. We are not perfect and we've made mistakes but we have enough credibility and courage to at least operate in the daylight unlike the persona "Ron". We also have sucessful Licensees that anyone truly interested in the truth can speak with anytime. Do your reserach on scam sites like this as well before forming an opinion. There are many cowards and freaks out there like pretend "Ron" who are just too happy to hide behind a keyboard and spew invictive.

#13 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Just Do your Homework

AUTHOR: Ron - (Canada)

Hopefully you get the idea of the kind of person Don Antle is by now. Just do your homework carefully before you ever consider doing any business with Options Credit or Don & Karen Antle. You will be glad you did.

#14 REBUTTAL Owner of company

"Ron's" Own Post Verifies His Lies

AUTHOR: Don Antle - (Canada)

It's always great when a predicate liar provides the prrof of his own deceit. So where are the "20 cases before the courts" pretend Ron? Where are the 16 Licensees? For that matter, why are you still hiding behind this despicable web site?

All questions that will never be answered as "Ron" is likely a sociopath with far too much time on his hands. Spend more time trying to find a real job "Ron".

#15 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Schoolyard Bully In Denial

AUTHOR: Ron - (Canada)

This is classic response from a bully who just can not face reality. Denial, denial, denial ... For anyone who still has any doubts about the credibility of Options Credit or Don and Karen Antle please just log on to the following link which outlines all the outstanding court actions against these evil people:

#16 REBUTTAL Owner of company

"Ron" in Sanich Doesn't Exist

Ron In North Sanich,

This is another ridiculous and slanderous post. Here are the facts,

We don't have 16 Licensees. We don't even have half that many and never have. We have 1 had court case and 1 pending. Ever. We prevailed in the one that was tried for good reason; we are not doing anything wrong. This again is the Original Poster making up more outrageous claims. We do not have a Licensee named Ron in North Sanich. Never have.

Our BBB ratings are positive because we settle legitimate complaints. It's as simple as that. We

have had 4 in three years two of which are the Licensees in question. Considering the amount of Clients we have that is very, very reasonable.

This is simply the Original Poster again hiding behind an anonymous and made up name. There are no facts to support these slanderous allegations. The true test is this. If we really are just a scam company stealing money as this deranged individual alleges why has he chosen to remain anonymous? Surely he would have nothing to fear from a  simple scammer. Surely the RCMP would protect him during their investigation. If I believed my money had been stolen and the same company was continuing to scam the public and I had been in touch with the RCMP and the RCMP was really investigating that company I would not hesitate to post under my real name with my real complaint-would you?

Ask yourself-why would you or want to remain anonymous? He knows we know who he is. It's not like he's afraid of us. It's just he has found a forum for his venom. He was a terrible employee that had to be let go. It's as simple as that. No one since has been unfortunate enough to associate their company with him. He lives a bitter life with nothing better to do than make bogus allegations against the company that gave him a chance. He is a bitter twisted person who simply cannot move on.

Let's face it this site encourages cowards and liars to slander those they have had a disagreement with.

Here they can do it with impunity. In the real world there are legal consequence to lying and making false allegations. That's why this post is nonsense and why this poster is an INTERNET coward with a personality disorder of some. What other conclusion can you have?

#17 UPDATE EX-employee responds

The Rip Off Continues

AUTHOR: Ron - (Canada)

Options Credit and owners Don and Karen Antle continue to to troll for unsuspecting victims on the internet using Craigslist, Used Vancouver and Kijiji. To date they have ripped off at least 16 people with their ads for Licensee opportunities to operate debt management services. Licenses cost $15000 but are actually worthless as the company quickly abandons each licensee and soon is not providing any customer leads as promised. They are currently under investigation by the RCMP for fraud. They have a long history of fraud and over 20 cases currently before the courts in British Columbia. Do not get fooled by the positive ratings on BBB. Unfortunately BBB ratings are not well researched and are often out of date. Do not get sucked in by this evil couple !!! If you are in any way tempted, hire a lawyer and do a thorough due diligence review. You will be glad you did.

#18 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Poster Unhinged

AUTHOR: Don Antle - (Canada)

This again, is the same unhinged coward that is a former employee too afraid to make his comments in his own name so he uses others. First he criticized the company services and when that got him nowhere he has moved on to another area. Sad.

Our Licensee program is successful but new. We had some growing pains admitably but have moved forward with the best people now who are now enjoying good success. We are all learning. All contracts come with a buy back clause-all that is necessary is 12 consecutive months of honest effort. If you can't commit to that we can't commit the company resources to you in the early days of your business that will help make you successful. If you don't honour the spirit and intent of the contract you signed why expect a refund? We kept our end of the bargain. We will work with anyone to get their business going and successful and are amenable to finding ways to ensure you don't lose your investment. All we expect is the same commitment back.

Beware of weasels that hide in the shadows and create lies and accusations they never have to be accountable for. This poster was a incompetent employee and frankly I believe he has some serious mental challenges. I actually feel sorry for him and advise him to get professional help.

#19 General Comment

Hyperbole

AUTHOR: Oliver Terrance - (Canada)

I find the tone of this report somewhat hysterical.

Having been involved in a number of debt management businesses, I can see nothing particularly different or wrong with Options Credit.

It would appear that the company is using a franchise or territorial licensing model, which is common practice in a wide range of businesses, including insurance, mutual fund sales, food and beverage, auto sales, real estate and many many others.

Indeed, as a former licensed financial advisor, I am aware of the costs of overhead and administration charged by firms to their agents--up to 70% of total revenue or more, normally taken out of commission.

I have no problem with Options Credit charging a licensing or territorial fee up front. It commits agents to a higher level of effort to achieve success, helps weed out unqualified associates, and mitigates risk to the company when training and support service costs are involved.

As for fees, all Debt Management and credit counselling firms charge for their services, as do most businesses if the want to stay in business, with even the so-called "not for profits" taking larger service fees and using hidden costs to maintain viable businesses. As far as I can see, Options Credit fees are right in line with industry standard.

Consumers can easily check it out for themselves at few agencies.

When it comes to debt management, consumers have a choice. If a debt management company can structure a program that saves a consumer thousands of dollars in interest and principal payment, and gets them out of debt at a price they find advantageous, then everybody wins. Nobody ever forces an individual to enter a program. So there's nothing much "ripoff" about Options Credit.

The fact that this report appears to have been written with search engine exposure in mind indicates an intent to damage reputation, and I find that bothersome.

It's also troubling that the poster hides his identity while publicly accusing Mr. Antle of criminal activity. If you have proof and want to make a criminal complaint, then do so. Making anonymous accusations is pretty low, and of course if you were to reveal your identity and it was discovered that you have nothing but baseless accusations you would of course be risking defamation action under the laws of Canada.

If you think you have a securities violation complaint, the proper route for handling that would be the local securities commission, not a public forum where you can hide behind a cloak of anonymity.

How credible are the claims of such a person?

#20 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Interesting Reprised

AUTHOR: Don Antle - (Canada)

You may be correct about our social net-it probably is a little more generous than yours on a Federal level at least. Our 15 % is on payments only yes. Creditors for the most part (about 98%) forgo all interest-some ask for a limited amount. We do not share our 15% with the Creditors-it is our fee for running the business. We are
regulated and bonded by the Province of British Columbia as Debt Poolers and must supply a yearly audit of our Trust account.

We have only 60 months legally to get a Client out of debt. If they can afford the commensurate payments that go along with retiring the principal of their unsecured debt within that 60 months (we don't go past 57 to allow personal budget flexibility) we can qualify you. Only about 34% of all Canadian qualify for these programs
statistically- our number is slightly lower at about 33%. Of those who qualify only about 24% or so will actually end up on our Debt Management Program.

Clients in Canada on a Debt Management program are categorized as an "R7" which is a special designation for those on a voluntary repayment program as opposed to Bankruptcy/Insolvency which is an R9. Clients are not supposed to seek any additional unsecured credit while on these programs

As I said before these programs are great for those who are serious about doing something about their financial situation. In most cases it has been some kind of "trigger" event like a sickness, layoff, divorce ETC. that has pushed the family over the edge to begin with. Options is a needed and valuable service for these consumers.

The OP is a vicious coward  bent on revenge while hiding behind a pseudonym. I will apply for arbitration but can guarantee you the OP will never come out of the Shadows to participate.

Interesting

AUTHOR: Steve - (USA)

OK, let's leave aside the general sleeze factor for now, as it is very possible that Canada has stricter laws (your government obviously is, of course, more friendly towards the poor than mine). Hell, rumor has it that you actually allow your poor to live, even if they cannot afford medical care.

What I am curious about is the 15% charge on payments; I thought the OP was referring to the principal, i.e over 180% APR, since he emphasized the "per month" part (if it is just on payments it does not matter if you word it per month, year, or second; the entire principal is effectively bumped up by 15%).   So with this system, they have ZERO interest on the principal? In other words, it is sort of like paying 15 points to get an interest free loan. What are the minimum payments in relation to the principal? If they are low enough that you can take a few years to pay off the debt, that is indeed reasonable compared to credit card rates (obviously it is best to pay only the minimum payment).  Heck, even with the insanely low interest  I pay for my mortgage (3.875), I'd break even with your deal in about 8.5 years. So again, how long is the payoff term in these cases?

Also, I take it the credit card company just decides to forgo the interest/fees/etc, and you split up the 15% with them? Or do you actually buy the debt?

Finally, what happens to the consumer's credit in this case? Is it marked as a charge off, or what?

#22 REBUTTAL Owner of company

15% Reasonable

AUTHOR: Don Antle - (Canada)

With all due respect to my American friend I'm not certain what the point of his/her post really was. That charging a flat 15% on monthly payments while offering 0% interest relief on an average of 22.2% compounded daily APR plus penalties and fees is a bad deal for the consumer? Our average Client saves almost $200 a month in payments (interest) alone. That is consistent with the industry average-check your facts. The private debt management agency model has been around
in Canada since the 1960's for a reason-it works for the consumer and provides value.

Smearing us all with the same "slimy" brush that is more prevalent in the USA than here is also a lazy attempt at criticism IMO. We have had a grand total of 1 BBB complaint which was handled satisfactorily before the BBB correspondence was even received. Again information available on the BBB site. If you wish to provide review and criticism fine, be responsible enough to do little research while you are at it is all I ask.

Seems shady..

AUTHOR: Steve - (USA)

(BTW, I am not the "Steve" that filed this report).

Most of these companies are a little sleazy, if for no other reason than their market is comprised mostly of financially unsophisticated individuals (people with bad credit tend not to be very smart). I did notice that the company also offers special "services" like secured credit cards, etc. These are usually pretty dicey as well, for the same reason.

To the owner - do you, or do you not, charge 15% a month for your services? Nice work if you can get it, I guess.

To the ex-employee - I did not see anything about this $15,000 sales contract on the site. Could you give more details?

#24 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Disgruntled Former Employee Makes Bogus Charge

AUTHOR: Don Antle - (Canada)

My name is Don Antle and I am President of Options Credit Services Canada LTD. We have provided Debt Management and Debt Settlement services to Canadians since 2009.

This report is absolute nonsense. It was submitted by a disgruntled former employee acting under a pseudonym. There is no "Steve Stevev (sic)" from Burnaby or anywhere else associated with our company. This person will not use their real name for fear of litigation. If I can prove who it is, or if anyone has any evidence please contact me as there is a reward available.

We provide a unique, life changing service for our Clients. We are not perfect but we try to treat everyone with respect, candour and integrity. Our service includes interest free debt repayment programs that really help people out of difficult situations.

Anonymous and malicious attacks of this kind should not be encouraged by sites like this in my opinion. What can you do? Unlike my accuser I am transparent and available to discuss these charges anytime with any interested or affiliated party.

Call me at my office or on my company email available at www.optionscredit.ca.