Well, apparently this company is still up to no good. Now I hear that they are changing their name from OMG to American Energy Consultants to try to avoid several pending lawsuits against them. Some of the many unfair practices that they are still doing are, among others, the following:
1. Not paying their reps what they earn. They will either pay you commission or hourly wage, whichever is in their favor. This clearly violates the Federal Wage and Overtime Law.
2. If you are late or miss a day they cut your pay down by almost 25% per deal, even if it is an excused absence.
3. They take $50 out of your first paycheck to pay for your State of Florida Telemarketing license, and then they never send the money to the State in order for you to get your license.
4. They violate the Department of Agriculture requirement for all telephone solicitors to be licensed by the State of Florida. They even employ people with felony theft and fraud charges, and these people are not even entitled to have a license.
5. The majority of the employees are convicted felons, with most of them coming from the State of Florida Department of Corrections Work Release Center, the Bridges of America, Orange County Work Release, and many other drug and alcohol treatment centers.
6. They are extremely disrespectful to their employees, and really don't seem to concerned about anyone but themselves, and of course what ever new car and toys the owners have acquired.
7. Drug use is rampant in this facility, and while they preach that they are a drug free work place, it is not uncommon for people to be sent home for being to high at work. Recently, one of the QA reps was caught by the owner for having drugs on him, and he was sent home for the day, but allowed to come back the next day.
8. They even have people living in the building. One supervisor obviously stays there and keeps his covered car parked out front.
Now, they are asking all of the current employees to sign a new independent contractor agreement which shows a change of name for the company from Options Marketing Group to American Energy Consultants. Does anyone really think that this is anything other than an effort to avoid the numerous and costly lawsuits that they have pending?