Socialist

• Updated: Thu, September 30, 2004

• Reported By:One Mile Australia
Options Talent/Transcontinental Modelling
Level 1, 79 Hope Street Sotuh Brisbane, Australia Australia

Options Talent/Transcontinental Modelling ripoff hopeful teen models Sotuh Brisbane Queensland Australia

Hi, my name's Kit and I was a model for options talent about a year back. I first encountered the agency at Channel 7's picnic in the park, which is something that happens annually in South bank and generally alot of people show up. I was there with my dance studio and had just finished performing when my sister was approached by a scout and he gave a card to both of us and told us to contact him because we had what he thought was the 'model look'.

A few days after that we contacted the number on the card and a receptionist told us to come down to the office for an interview that would be all day. The interview turned about to be a bit like selection and an agent told me basically everything that I'd need to know, then all the models that were there (including me) were gathered into a room and basically listened to a lecture by a few models and watched a video extolling the brilliance of Options Talent. We were told that after a photo shoot (that obviously cost money) and we were also made to pay a joining fee, that they could start issuing us work.

However, months later with still not one job offering, it began to be clear that options talent was not efficently doing anything and still we had to continue paying fees. My sister and I eventually quit and my mother took them to court to gain back what she had invested and wasted on the company, but I write this because unfortunately Options Talent (now also known as Transcontinental talent) is still operating and I wish that no girl would have to go through the same drawn out process as me. I don't take this as a blow to my self esteem though, I'm only 15 and there's plenty of good modelling agencies out there. In a perfect world, they'd be the only ones to exsist.

Kit
Ipswich
Australia

Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Options Talent Emodel.com

Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Trans Continental Talent AKA Options Talent

Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on TcTalent

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/30/2004 02:32 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Options-TalentTranscontinental-Modelling/Sotuh-Brisbane-Australia-4101/Options-TalentTranscontinental-Modelling-ripoff-hopeful-teen-models-Sotuh-Brisbane-Queens-110820. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Options Talent/Transcontinental Modelling