Complaint Review: OptumHealth Financial Services, Inc.

• Submitted: Fri, December 21, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, December 21, 2012

• Reported By: Wisconsin Dave — Burlington Wisconsin United States of America
OptumHealth Financial Services, Inc.
P.O. Box 221709 Louisville, Kentucky United States of America

OptumHealth Financial Services, Inc. cashed our money but denied services Louisville, Kentucky

When I left the company I work for, I was notified that OptumHealth Financial Services, Inc. would be handling my Healthcare premiums to be made to UMR and United Health Care.  The coverage was supposed to cover us from the beginning of December 2012.  We received the information about OptumHealth on Dec. 7, 2012 and made a payment from our checking account using our debit card on Dec. 11, 2012.  We have the printed receipt acknowleging the payment.  Since then, we have received no health care cards, all of our pharmacy requests have been denied and we are being billed by health care providers because they say that we have no coverage.  I have called Optum 3 times and have encountered rude phone people who have hung up on me twice.  Once, we were promised that they would correct the problem and our health insurance would become active as of noon, Dec. 21,2012.  When we tried to get our prescriptions after that time, we were denied again.  Now Optum has sent us a notice claiming we did not pay the December bill and now owe them for Dec and Jan.

Optum now has the money we could have used to pay cash for our prescriptions.  I have a heart condition and do not have the money now for my medication.  We are also being billed by medical facilities for care that should have been covered by our December premium.

There is no excuse for a health care service taking this long to open coverage after they have received payment.  I am very afraid that this may be an internet fraud scam.  I would caution anybody thinking of sending any payments to OptumHealth Financial Services, Inc. to contact the Better Business Bureau and/or federal Trade Commission before doing so.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/21/2012 07:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/OptumHealth-Financial-Services-Inc/Louisville-Kentucky-40252/OptumHealth-Financial-Services-Inc-cashed-our-money-but-denied-services-Louisville-Ken-985711. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on OptumHealth Financial Services, Inc.

biggest