• Report: #331976

• Submitted: Sun, May 11, 2008
  • Updated: Sun, May 11, 2008

• Reported By:Orlando Florida
Orange County Library System
101 E. Central Blvd. Orlando, Florida U.S.A.

Orange County Library System Ripoff charged me for postage when mailing back a book not my fault Orlando Florida

I had a book from the Orange County Library delivered to my home last summer. They have a "home delivery" service where, if a book is not available at your closest branch, or if there is a waiting list, they will deliver it to your house when it is available. The only catch is, if you do not want to drive across town to bring it back, you can send it back in their special mailer. I sent the book back before the due date, and mailed it from the post office. The post office mailed it back, but apparently the library claims that since I did not ask for the "library rate", THEY had to pay the postage. Consequently, they charged $2.34 to my account. They also claim they received it a week late, so they charged a late fee to my account. I will not pay these fines as it is the principal of the thing. It's not my fault the post office didn't mail it back according to the "library" standards. Their home delivery service is a scam. Don't do it.

Jane
Orlando, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/11/2008 10:44 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Orange-County-Library-System/Orlando-Florida-32801/Orange-County-Library-System-Ripoff-charged-me-for-postage-when-mailing-back-a-book-not-my-331976. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Orange County Library System