Complaint Review: Orange County Professional Auto Brokers

Orange County Professional Auto Brokers
24178 Alicia Parkway Mission Viejo, California United States of America

Orange County Professional Auto Brokers Buyer Beware! Mission Viejo, California

*Author of original report: Second Chance

I made the mistake of buying a vehicle,sight unseen,from this company.I read their description of the car,a 1986 Porsche 928,on E-Bay.The report said that "all their car have been inspected,and are in Excellent mechanical condition"Needless to say,this could not be furthur from the truth.When the car was delivered,it had to be jump started to get it off the truck.The shifter came off in my hand.There was no Passenger side view mirror.The rear hatch did not latch.The air conditioning did not work.There was no key to get the wheel locks off.There was no tool kit for the spare tire.There was no spare tire either;so that worked out.The list goes on and on.I contacted the dealership and was told that they were shocked by all the problems and to send them an estimate of the repairs.Since I am a mechanic,I gave them a list of prices for parts only,willing to do the work myself.My estimate was $500.I was then told that the car was being sold on consignment;and the owner would have to approve any refund.I did receive a refund of $375.,to their credit.I was also told that they did have the spare tire and would ship it to me.Needless to say,three monthes later,no spare tire.I even E-Mailed the owner,hoping he could straighten out the spare tire issue,but surprise surprise,I never received a reply.It would have been cheaper for me to fly to California and inspect the car myself,and not buy it.Oh well,education is expensive.

(I'm still looking for their 100% feedback on E-bay)

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/18/2010 05:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Orange-County-Professional-Auto-Brokers/Mission-Viejo-California-92691/Orange-County-Professional-Auto-Brokers-Buyer-Beware-Mission-Viejo-California-556427. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Orange County Professional Auto Brokers

Second Chance

AUTHOR: Victim - (United States of America)

Today,1/27/10,I received a phone call from a gentleman named Moses,who told me that he was the new owner of Orange County Professional Auto Brokers.He told me that he had investigated the missing spare tire and it was indeed shipped in November.He also gave me a FedEx tracking number that says the tire is still "in transit"I appreciate his getting back to me,and he seemed genuinely sincere when he apologized for my frustration.I only wish Moses had been the owner when all this began.I would truly be willing to give them another try with him in charge.