Complaint Review: OrangeOffer

• Reported By: Scammed — Aurora Colorado
OrangeOffer
Internet USA

OrangeOffer Does not follow own terms and conditions Internet

I have used OrangeOffer in the past to sell my old cell phones and have had no issues.  However, I recently sent an iPhone 4s to them and was quoted $215 for my phone.  Following their inspection they told me that it was damaged (volume button broken) and they could only pay $60.  Before I had a chance to review or accept their new offer, they indicated that a check was in the mail.

I had always understood that if you were not in agreement with OrangeOffer's price they would return your device to you.  They even have a long section within their Terms and Conditions that outlines the device return process.  However, when I requested that my phone be returned to me the customer service contact indicated that the device could not be returned and that payment had already been issued.

I understand that if the phone was broken that they would not want to pay me the full offer.  However, I did not realize that the volume button was inoperable before I sent it in and to me the phone still works fine and is worth way more than $60.  I simply want my phone back so that I can continue to use it.

I feel completely powerless and scammed.  When I asked for my phone back they stated that since I had agreed to the terms and conditions that the phone would not be returned.  I wrote them back and cut and pasted the part of their Terms and Conditions that discusses their return policy and have not heard back.

Beware of OrangeOffer.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/15/2013 02:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/OrangeOffer/internet/OrangeOffer-Does-not-follow-own-terms-and-conditions-Internet-1051205. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on OrangeOffer