Complaint Review: Orbit Telecom - ESBI

• Submitted: Mon, October 08, 2007
  • Updated: Fri, October 19, 2007

• Reported By:Durango Colorado
Orbit Telecom - ESBI
8201 Peters Road, Suite 1000 Plantation, Florida U.S.A.

Orbit Telecom - ESBI $14.95 mysterious charge on Qwest telephone bill Plantation Florida

*UPDATE Employee: Please contact us for further assistance

I received a $14.95 charge on my monthly Qwest bill. When I called Qwest to ask what it was for, I was told that Qwest allows "legitimate businesses" to add charges to my bill for services that they have provided to me. When I asked what the charge was for and told the person that I hadn't ordered any services from anyone, they replied that they didn't know and that I would have to call the company, Orbit Telecom, to find out what the charge was for and to have it reversed. When I called Orbit Telecom, they assured me that the charges would be taken off of my bill. I was very concerned that Qwest would allow 3rd party charges and that this company, Orbit Telecom would be able to arbitrarily add charges to my personal phone account without my knowledge, much less my permission. I have had this phone for 20 years and if I had been a little less observant, I might not have noticed the charge and it would have gone on indefinitely. Im sure this is what Orbit and similar companies count on. Is there some way to stop unsolicited "services" like this?

Carlie
Durango, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/08/2007 12:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Orbit-Telecom-ESBI/Plantation-Florida-33324/Orbit-Telecom-ESBI-1495-mysterious-charge-on-Qwest-telephone-bill-Plantation-Florida-277745. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Orbit Telecom - ESBI

Please contact us for further assistance

AUTHOR: Nicole - (U.S.A.)

Dear Customer,
Unfortunately the information you have provided is not sufficient for us to assist you.
Please contact our Customer Service Department at 1-800-263-0206 and we will be happy to assist you.
We are open 24/7.
We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience or misunderstanding and look forward to helping you resolve this matter to your satisfaction.
Regards,