instrument

• Submitted: Fri, November 26, 2004
  • Updated: Wed, December 01, 2004

• Reported By:Cumberland Rhode Island
Orbit Telecom, Enhanced Services Billing
8201 Peters Road Plantation, Florida U.S.A.
  • Phone: 800-263-0206
  • Web:
  • Category: E-trade

Orbit TelecomOrbit Telecom Enhanced Services Billing ripoff Added a charge to my VERIZON phone bill due to a survey Plantation Florida

*UPDATE Employee: Director of Customer Service, We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced and would like to address your concern

My Verizon phone bill arrives where they allowed the Enhanced Services Billing, Inc. to add to the bill a charge of 12.95, plus tax of Federal .39, and State .91. I wonder if the Tax is really paid?
Under Itemized Calls a description of Orbit Vmail 1X Setup appears with the 12.95 fee. I have no Idea what this is.

I went to internet, looked up in Google Orbit Telecom, and RIPOFF shows up, with a phone number to contact, 1-800-460-0078.
It allowed me to connect to a real person, Leigh.
My son-in-law used my name, number and location for a reference.

I got the bill because my phone number is not un-listed as is his. The phone number I called connected me to a lady named Leigh. She called up the account, and with no major problems issued a credit for the $14.25 charge. She said 4-7 business days to process but perhaps 2 billing cycles to get the credit processed. This we shall wait and see.

So far I have these numbers 1-888-296-3724, 1-800-263-0206, or 1-800-460-0078 to use to contact this company.
Above all, I got a CONFIRMATION NUMBER regarding my request for the credit. Be sure you ask for it, they don't offer it automaticaly.

My real amazement is that Verizon allowed this company to add a charge and send it to me for collection. My worry now is I have them for Cell phone use also. Just goes to show BE CAREFUL.

Ted
Cumberland, Rhode Island

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/26/2004 04:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Orbit-Telecom-Enhanced-Services-Billing/Plantation-Florida-33324/Orbit-TelecomOrbit-Telecom-Enhanced-Services-Billing-ripoff-Added-a-charge-to-my-VERIZON-119914. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Orbit Telecom, Enhanced Services Billing

AUTHOR: Nicole - (U.S.A.)

We have recently received a notice of your inquiry on this website. We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced and would like to address your concern to your satisfaction at once. Unfortunately, the information provided in your posting was not sufficient for us to locate your account in our records. Please respond to this inquiry with your billing telephone number so that we can resolve this matter promptly. You can also reach our customer service department by email or phone 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Customer Service