Complaint Review: Orbit Telecom, USBI

• Submitted: Mon, December 06, 2004
  • Updated: Mon, December 06, 2004

• Reported By:N/A Pennsylvania
Orbit Telecom, USBI
8201 Peters Road, Suite 1000 Plantation, Florida U.S.A.

Orbit Telecom Billed Thru USBI billed for unauthorized voicemail service on my local phone bill Plantation Florida

I am writing to warn everyone of the dangers of fraudulent phone billing.

I just opened my December Verizon phone bill and took notice to a large charge billed thru USBI for voicemail service from Orbit Telecom.

I have an answering machine. I would never pay the $14.12 billed for additional voicemail service. Also, the date of the billing was November 8th. That day I left my apartment at 7:30AM for work and did not get home until after 10PM from my night job. No way did I set up any services that day.

I am very happy with my current Verizion services. I never gave authorization for any other company to add any services to my telephone line.

When I called today I got little help. I do not trust the 2 people I spoke with, which coincidentally sounded like the same woman. When I asked for her full name to keep for my records I was told they don't give out last names. What a load of BS! Finally after her repeatedly being ignorant and refusing to allow me to talk to someone who would, she said she was the supervisor and her name is Gery Miller.

Bonnie
Willow Grove, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/06/2004 09:17 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Orbit-Telecom-USBI/Plantation-Florida-33324/Orbit-Telecom-Billed-Thru-USBI-billed-for-unauthorized-voicemail-service-on-my-local-phone-121442. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Orbit Telecom, USBI