Complaint Review: Orbit Telecom

• Submitted: Wed, October 14, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, October 14, 2009

• Reported By: Robert — Arlington Heights Illinois USA
Orbit Telecom
701 North Green Valley Parkway, Suite #200 Henderson, Nevada United States of America

Orbit Telecom AT&T Misuse of Privacy Policy and Account Fraud Henderson, Nevada

My parents received a charge on their AT&T land line phone bill for $16.07 from a third party company called Orbit Telecom. They first called AT&T who stated the charge came from Orbit who is a third party and for them to call Orbit directly. Orbit stated that I authorized a billing by clicking on an internet advertisement and entering my personal information with my parents phone number to sign up for their service.

Issue # 1: I don't remember ever signing or authorizing to sign up for their service.

Issue # 2: The personal information provided according to their records was not completely accurate. My name was used, my email was used but my parents address and home phone number was used.

Issue # 3: Why would AT&T authorize to bill the "charge" against my parents phone number when I'm not not an authorized individual on their account, I don't even have the same address. AT&T should have realized the account owners do not match the individual's name trying to authorize the charge.

Orbit has credited the phone bill but they or AT&T have not given any answer to how that charge was authorized against my parents phone bill or prove the initial authorization of Orbit's service.

I feel like AT&T tried to scam my parents using my identity. I would of thought that AT&T had better security and fraud monitoring capabilities. Is there any action I can take against AT&T or Orbitfor the misuse of inaccurate privacy information ?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/14/2009 05:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Orbit-Telecom/Henderson-Nevada-89074/Orbit-Telecom-ATT-Misuse-of-Privacy-Policy-and-Account-Fraud-Henderson-Nevada-509380. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Orbit Telecom