Complaint Review: Orbit Telecom

• Submitted: Fri, July 18, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, July 28, 2008

• Reported By:Grand Junction Colorado
Orbit Telecom
8201 Peters Road, Ste.1000 Plantation, Florida U.S.A.

Orbit Telecom Charging your phone bill without your knowledge Plantation Florida

*UPDATE Employee: Customer Care

My mom, whom I dont live with, called me today and said I had signed up for an account with a company called Orbit Telecom and she has been unknowingly paying them $15 a month on her Qwest phone bill since November 2007. I told her I didnt know what she was talking about and asked what that company does. Since she had already talked to them once (and they had told her I signed up for it), they said they give you a number that people can call and leave you a voice message, which they send to you on your computer. I said I had never signed up for anything like that and I dont even know how to use it. She called the company back and told them that, and they immediately said they would refund all her money.
I typed in "Orbit Telecom" into Google, and found website after website of people that have had the same problem with this company, including multiple problems listed on ripoffreport.com. I tried to submit a question at orbittelecom.com, but you need your account number. Once I get that from my mom, I will ask them how I signed up for their services without knowing it so that I can warn other people not to do the same thing, since all they need is your phone number to be able to charge you.

According to what Ive read online, it is legal for them to do this. It sounds like other people have registered for random things online (with real info or not) that didnt say anything about Orbit Telecom while taking quizes and other "fun" things, and this company ended up with their phone number which they are now charging and claiming they set up an account with them.

Amber
Grand Junction, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/18/2008 06:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Orbit-Telecom/Plantation-Florida-33324/Orbit-Telecom-Charging-your-phone-bill-without-your-knowledge-Plantation-Florida-352963. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Orbit Telecom

Customer Care

AUTHOR: Customer Care - (U.S.A.)

We are more than happy to address any questions or concerns regarding Orbit Telecom. You can call our Customer Care at 800-263-0206.

anticipation