Complaint Review: Orbit Telecom

• Submitted: Mon, March 03, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, March 03, 2008

• Reported By:Rochester New York
Orbit Telecom
8201 Peters Road, Ste.1000 Plantation, Florida U.S.A.

Orbit Telecom Orbittelecom unwanted phone bill charges Plantation, Florida

I just received my monthly telephone bill and found a charge for Orbit Telecom, for voicemail services. I have never signed up for V- Mail services from anyone, so I called my provider, Frontier Communications. They informed me that they are not responsible for the charges, due to "3rd party billing". This is where anyone can submit a bill to Frontier for "services" on your account, and they will honor it. If these charges are not justified, as in my case, it is up to me to contact the company who initiated the charge, and get a refund. Needless to say, I am not too pleased with Frontier, but that will be another Ripoff report! (you can place a block on your account to avoid this)

Orbit Telecom's 800 # has a "high call volume" and if i hang up, it will "only further delay" my plight to get this ripoff company to give me my $14.95 back.
At this time, no one has answered, and Frontier is no help. They transferred me to Orbit and hung up.

Beware of this obvious scam, and good luck contacting them to get the charges reversed. I have been listening to Orbit's hold music for 3 hours.

some time later............

Once they finally picked up, Orbit informed me that the account was set up online and had to first be closed(I never set anything up online, and checked my e mail history for the confirm.... NOTHING). They then read a commercial about the benefits of their service and "free credits for online purchases" you'll miss out on if you close the account, and continually beg you to stay. They will close the account after their commercial......eventually.

After closing the account, the charges can be refunded. Beware, you have to give them the exact date and amount of the charge or they won't refund it. Also, by the time you receive your phone bill, another month has elapsed and they have another charge on your bill you are unaware of. If you don't tell them to refund for the date you have on your current bill, AND the one 30 days from that date(the charge from the previous month, and the current month i haven't been billed for yet), you 'll be doing this again next month!!!

Beware of this company!

Steve
Rochester, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/03/2008 03:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Orbit-Telecom/Plantation-Florida-33324/Orbit-Telecom-Orbittelecom-unwanted-phone-bill-charges-Plantation-Florida-314340. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Orbit Telecom