Complaint Review: Orbit Telecom

• Submitted: Tue, March 15, 2005
  • Updated: Tue, March 15, 2005

• Reported By:Pomfret Center Connecticut
Orbit Telecom
8201 Peters Road Plantation, Florida U.S.A.
  • Phone: 800-263-0206
  • Web:
  • Category: Internet

Orbit Telecom ripoff fraudulent billing on phone bill Plantation Florida

In January I noticed a charge of $16,95 on my local phone bill from Orbit Telecom. When I inquired with my phone company they told me it was an internet voice messaging service and told me that they had no control over this charge and that I must take it up with Orbit. I called the phone number on the bill and was told that the service was ordered in October 2004.

They gave me the exact date and time of day of the request to activate this service. They then told me that this request had been made by a woman I had never heard of but was told that was the name on the account. I explained that I had not ordered this and told them that I thought it was fraudulent.

They told me that they could only credit the latest invoice but I demanded a full refund and was eventually told that I would be refunded but that it could take several billing cycles. I again had the charge on my February bill but 3 months of credit were also on the bill. I inquired and again was told that since I requested the credit in the middle of a billing cycle that they could not stop the February billing and was assured that I would again be credited for this amount next month. We'll see.

A tip: look at your phone bill closely. This got past us for 3 months before we noticed it. It blended in with all the other charges very nicely.

Pomfret Center, Connecticut

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/15/2005 08:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Orbit-Telecom/Plantation-Florida-33324/Orbit-Telecom-ripoff-fraudulent-billing-on-phone-bill-Plantation-Florida-135158. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Orbit Telecom